Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• preview win explorer

Hi,
    we use Foxit Reader 7.2.5.930 on 5 terminal servers with windows server 2008 R2 SP1.
    On 4 ts the win explorer preview works fine for pdfs. one ts has a malfunction. they have all the same configuration.
    has anyone a idea?

thx in advance (sorry for my bad english)

Hi Joe266,

Sorry for the trouble. Please send us the screenshot to show the malfunction you get with the preview, then we can better advice, thank you.

Comment

Hi Lyndi_wu,

attached you will find 2 screenshots. first picture shows the ts without preview, on the other 4 terminal server the preview pane is working fine.
      the preview handler is enabled on all servers.

Comment

joe266

Please copy the "Shell Extension" folder under installation directory (E.g. "C:\Program Files\Foxit Software\Foxit Reader") from another computer to the same directory of the computer which has the preview problem. Then go to the "Start" menu of your Windows, select Run, in the Open line, input regsvr32.exe "C:\Program Files (x86)\Foxit Software\Foxit Reader\Shell Extensions\FoxitPrevHndlr.dll" (You shall get a success message if succeeded. Please make sure the path should be where FoxitPrevHndlr.dll located.)

If it doesn't help, I would encourage you to remove existing Reader then perform a re-installation to see if it helps. Thank you.

Comment

hi cherry, thx for response. i will try your tip with copy and paste , otherwise i do a reinstall of foxit.

Comment

first solution solved the problem. many thanks

Comment

joe266

Thanks for the update and Glad to know that it works for you.

Comment

Working...
              X