No announcement yet.

Printing Problem

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have same probem. When i change my default printer from Foxit Printer to another the problem was gone.

Comment

kusyandi

The mentioned printing issue "The current printing driver is not available. Please reinstall this printing driver or choose other printing drivers" should have been fixed in version 9.2. Are you using Foxit Reader version 9.2.0? If not, please update to it and try again. If it still happens to Foxit Reader 9.2, could you please send us the following info to take a closer look at the problem?
      1) Open Task Manager, look into Processes, check if the "splwow64.exe (Print driver host for applications)" is running there. If yes, please end it manually, then try to print again to see if it helps;
      2) Make a screen shot on the error you received.
      3) Have you recently performed any system updates before this printing problem occurred?
      4) What's your printer model information? Is it a network/Ip printer?
      5) Did it occur to any PDF document?
      6) Please make a screenshot of your Print dialog.

Thank you.

Comment

Originally posted by cherry View Post
        kusyandi

1) Open Task Manager, look into Processes, check if the "splwow64.exe (Print driver host for applications)" is running there. If yes, please end it manually, then try to print again to see if it helps;
        *snip*
        I had this same problem, I uninstalled whatever version I had before, downloaded and did a fresh install of 9.3 to no avail.

The above step 1) solved my problem.

Win 7 x64

Comment

zabadoh

Thanks for the update. It could be possible that the splwow64.exe process is freezing when you try to print. Please try to reboot your computer and see if it would happen again.
          Also, I've reported your feedback to Report ID#PHANTOM-10342 so we could modify the error message when the printing problem was caused by the freezing of the splwow64.exe. Thank you.

Comment

In my case, the error occurred when I opened the pdf form the level of 64bit Total Commander. When I tried directly from Windows Explorer - everything just fine. I am using Window 10, 64 - bit., Foxit Reader Version: 8.3.0.14878

Comment

krzychu1 Could you please use your phone to make a small video that shows how you opened the PDF form the level of 64-bit Total Commander and reproduce the printing error? If you've updated your Foxit Reader to version 9.4.1, can you reproduce the problem again?
              You may directly download Foxit Reader 9.4.1 from the downloads page of Foxit website:
              https://www.foxitsoftware.com/downloads/

Thank you.

Comment

Is there any update on this issue? I just updated from 9.3 to 9.4 and several (possibly all) users now experiencing word freezing when printing to PDF. I don't see a real fix for this and it causing significant impact.

Comment

David Hodges ,I apologize for the trouble. This issue"word freezing when printing to PDF' you mentioned is a known issue in V9.4 of Foxit PhantomPDF/Foxit Reader which has already been rectified in our internal version and this fix will also be applied to our next minor release version 9.5 of Foxit PhantomPDF/Foxit Reader.
                  For now, as temp workaround for the issue, our developers compiled new dll files.Please do as follows to replace the new compiled dll files:

For Foxit PhantoPDF users:
                  Download "fpmvpr_drv.zip"from the link below:
                  http://sync-cn.foxitsoftware.com/iss...fpmvpr_drv.zip
                  Unzip to get the x86 and x64 folder, then replace the dll file that located in "C:\Windows\System32\spool\drivers\x64\3" with the one in x64 folder; replace the dll file located in "C:\Windows\System32\spool\drivers\W32X86\3" with the one in x86 folder.

For Foxit Reader users:
                  Download "RD_fpmvpr_drv.rar"from the link below:
                  http://sync-cn.foxitsoftware.com/iss...fpmvpr_drv.rar
                  Decompress it to get the x86 and x64 folder, then replace the dll file that located in "C:\Windows\System32\spool\drivers\x64\3" with the one in x64 folder; replace the dll file located in "C:\Windows\System32\spool\drivers\W32X86\3" with the one in x86 folder.

Comment

Originally posted by Lisa_lee View Post
                    David Hodges ,I apologize for the trouble. This issue"word freezing when printing to PDF' you mentioned is a known issue in V9.4 of Foxit PhantomPDF/Foxit Reader which has already been rectified in our internal version and this fix will also be applied to our next minor release version 9.5 of Foxit PhantomPDF/Foxit Reader.
                    For now, as temp workaround for the issue, our developers compiled new dll files.Please do as follows to replace the new compiled dll files:

Unzip to get the x86 and x64 folder, then replace the dll file that located in "C:\Windows\System32\spool\drivers\x64\3" with the one in x64 folder; replace the dll file located in "C:\Windows\System32\spool\drivers\W32X86\3" with the one in x86 folder.

For Foxit Reader users:
                    Decompress it to get the x86 and x64 folder, then replace the dll file that located in "C:\Windows\System32\spool\drivers\x64\3" with the one in x64 folder; replace the dll file located in "C:\Windows\System32\spool\drivers\W32X86\3" with the one in x86 folder.
                    Hey anyone tried this method? It didn't work for me

Comment

Amanda Al

Let's follow up your case via the ticket I have sent

Comment

Originally posted by Lisa_lee View Post

For Foxit Reader users:
                        Hey anyone tried this method? It didn't work for me

Comment

Amanda Al Foxit PhantomPDF/Foxit Reader V9.5 will be released within this week if everything goes well.Please help to give V9.5 a try once it is release and then let us know the PDF printer working status on your part.

Comment

Working...
                          X