No announcement yet.

ATL 3.0 : FoxitCTL Error Webview

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dear all,We are writing to let you know that we have made some improvements on Foxit IE web browser for opening online PDF files in our latest released version 9.6.So we suggest you help to upgrade to the new version 9.6 and see if the issue "Got error message"ATL 3.0 : FoxitCtl"when open online PDF file" you reported still exists or not.
    Following is link for downloading Foxit PhantomPDF/Foxit Reader 9.6:
    Foxit PhantomPDF V9.6:
    http://cdn02.foxitsoftware.com/produ..._enu_Setup.msi
    Foxit Reader V9.6:
    http://cdn01.foxitsoftware.com/produ...etup_Clean.exe

Comment

Originally posted by Lisa_lee View Post
      Dear all,We are writing to let you know that we have made some improvements on Foxit IE web browser for opening online PDF files in our latest released version 9.6.So we suggest you help to upgrade to the new version 9.6 and see if the issue "Got error message"ATL 3.0 : FoxitCtl"when open online PDF file" you reported still exists or not.
      Following is link for downloading Foxit PhantomPDF/Foxit Reader 9.6:
      Foxit PhantomPDF V9.6:
      http://cdn02.foxitsoftware.com/produ..._enu_Setup.msi
      Foxit Reader V9.6:
      http://cdn01.foxitsoftware.com/produ...etup_Clean.exe
      I just wanted to let you know. We clean uninstalled Foxit from several machines, and installed 9.6 to fix this issue. Unfortunately on two of them they are still getting this error. The only workaround that we have found is to run IE as an admin or reboot the machine.

Comment

Originally posted by gylfie17 View Post

I just wanted to let you know. We clean uninstalled Foxit from several machines, and installed 9.6 to fix this issue. Unfortunately on two of them they are still getting this error. The only workaround that we have found is to run IE as an admin or reboot the machine.
        Thank you for your update. Could you please help to try the following procedures which will be helpful for our Dev team to locate the problem?
        1. When the issue happens again,please try to resize your IE window display size by clicking and dragging any corner or side of the Internet Explorer window to adjust its size to see if the online PDF file will be finally dispalyed in IE web browser? If this is of no avail,please proceed to do the steps below.
        2ownload a newly compiled dll plugin file "FoxitReaderBrowserAx.dll" for IE from the link below:
        http://sync-cn.foxitsoftware.com/iss...rBrowserAx.dll
        3:Exit Internet Explorer. Go to somewhere like 'C:\Program Files(x86)\Foxit Software\Foxit Reader\plugins' or'C:\Program Files\Foxit Software\Foxit Reader\plugins' , find the 'FoxitReaderBrowserAx.dll', rename it to anything else. Save the newly downloaded dll file into this folder.
        4:Start IE and try to open online PDF file again to see any result may change. If you get the same error, please go to your desktop, find the 'ReaderCtrlLog.txt' and send it to us.If you can't find this 'ReaderCtrlLog.txt' this file on desktop,please find it in the following folder:
        "C:\Users[current username]\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\INetCache\Virtual ized\C\Users[current username]\Desktop"
        If you still can not find 'ReaderCtrlLog.txt' file anywhere,please help to run your IE web browser as administrator right and then try to replicate the same issue again as usual and find the 'ReaderCtrlLog.txt' file from the two locations that I have mentioned before.

Look forward to your early reply.

Comment

Originally posted by richell_huang View Post

Thank you for your update. Could you please help to try the following procedures which will be helpful for our Dev team to locate the problem?
          1. When the issue happens again,please try to resize your IE window display size by clicking and dragging any corner or side of the Internet Explorer window to adjust its size to see if the online PDF file will be finally dispalyed in IE web browser? If this is of no avail,please proceed to do the steps below.
          2ownload a newly compiled dll plugin file "FoxitReaderBrowserAx.dll" for IE from the link below:
          http://sync-cn.foxitsoftware.com/iss...rBrowserAx.dll
          3:Exit Internet Explorer. Go to somewhere like 'C:\Program Files(x86)\Foxit Software\Foxit Reader\plugins' or'C:\Program Files\Foxit Software\Foxit Reader\plugins' , find the 'FoxitReaderBrowserAx.dll', rename it to anything else. Save the newly downloaded dll file into this folder.
          4:Start IE and try to open online PDF file again to see any result may change. If you get the same error, please go to your desktop, find the 'ReaderCtrlLog.txt' and send it to us.If you can't find this 'ReaderCtrlLog.txt' this file on desktop,please find it in the following folder:
          "C:\Users[current username]\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\INetCache\Virtual ized\C\Users[current username]\Desktop"
          If you still can not find 'ReaderCtrlLog.txt' file anywhere,please help to run your IE web browser as administrator right and then try to replicate the same issue again as usual and find the 'ReaderCtrlLog.txt' file from the two locations that I have mentioned before.

Look forward to your early reply.
          We actually have Phantom installed on their computers, but I went ahead and used the dll you gave me, and it saved the file to her computer instead of just opening it in IE. This is a great work around for now, but I'm curious to know if this was the intended function? Also if we could get the correct version.

Comment

Originally posted by gylfie17 View Post

We actually have Phantom installed on their computers, but I went ahead and used the dll you gave me, and it saved the file to her computer instead of just opening it in IE. This is a great work around for now, but I'm curious to know if this was the intended function? Also if we could get the correct version.
            Actually, the .dll file is the same as the version 9.6, this issue has been fixed in the new version 9.6, for the users like two of your users that still failed to get it working, we suspect the new .dll file was not well covered the old one, so I sent it and advised to replace the original one manually, and I am glad to know the result, thank you.

Comment

Working...
            X