DARK mode

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DARK mode

I'm getting up there in age and am finding reading documents a lot harder with a white background and black text. I can change the background of a given PDF file and make the text white and background black which is so much easier on the eyes. Can the development team create the User Interface to be changeable to a dark mode, black background with white text?

if so, can you email me instructions on how to? I am on Ubuntu 18.04LTS and use foxit for all of my PDF needs.

Chrisj8691

Please go to "Edit"->"Preferences"->"General"->set Document Color Options there and see if it helps. Thank you.

Comment

Originally posted by cherry View Post
      Chrisj8691

Please go to "Edit"->"Preferences"->"General"->set Document Color Options there and see if it helps. Thank you.
      Here one can change text and text background colours only.

The problem is to darken the whole user interface. When in night mode all panels stay still white and their contrast with dark text background makes look and feel even worse.

Click image for larger version  Name:	White panels in night mode .png Views:	4 Size:	117.7 KB ID:	171954
      Last edited by grimble; 06-15-2019, 01:37 AM.

Comment

grimble, Thanks for your reply. Do you mean that Foxit Reader for Linux's user interface color is still not changed after you having set a dark page background for displaying PDF file,so the user interface is too bright for you? If so,I have suggested our product management team provide several different user interface skins for user's choice in Foxit Reader for Linux so that you could manually choose a dark user interface according to your own needs.The report ID for this suggestion is#MACLNX-13.

Comment

Support for Apple's new Dark Mode in Mac OS would be very nice too:
          https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT208976

Comment

its2loud ,According to your request,I have submitted the suggestion“Hope Foxit application for Mac could support for Apple's new Dark Mode in macOS Mojave 10.14.2 or later" as a new feature request to our product management team's reference with suggestion ID#MACLNX-4547,so that it may be considered in future versions.

Comment

Originally posted by Lisa_lee View Post
              grimble, Thanks for your reply. Do you mean that Foxit Reader for Linux's user interface color is still not changed after you having set a dark page background for displaying PDF file,so the user interface is too bright for you? If so,I have suggested our product management team provide several different user interface skins for user's choice in Foxit Reader for Linux so that you could manually choose a dark user interface according to your own needs.The report ID for this suggestion is#MACLNX-13.
              Thank you for answering.

The problem is with Foxit PDF Reader for Linux and Windows as well. When in night mode panels background stays bright.

In Linux version submenu background is system wide so when dark system theme is chosen submenus get darken but panels stay bright.

Windows version has ribbon interface now so there are no menus but only bright panels in dark mode.

Click image for larger version  Name:	Foxit PDF Reader for Windows Night Mode.png Views:	1 Size:	120.2 KB ID:	171977
              Last edited by grimble; 06-16-2019, 04:48 AM.

Comment

grimble ,Thanks for your reply. For the situation"Foxit Reader for windows panels background stays bright under night mode",I have submitted the suggestion"Turn the Foxit Reader user interface panels background into dark too under night mode" as a new feature request to our internal feature system with suggestion ID#PHANTOM-12835.

As for Foxit Reader for Linux,there is no night mode yet. I have submitted the suggestion "Add a night mode in Foxit Reader for Linux to make both of page background and Foxit Reader UI panels turn dark" to our Foxit Reader for Linux's product management team's reference with suggestion ID#MACLNX-4575.

Any further questions or concerns,please contact us again.

Comment

Can you complete the black skin? There are places where the background is white which is annoying in dark mode

Click image for larger version

Name:	03pdf.png
Views:	3017
Size:	188.4 KB
ID:	177810

Name:	04pdf2.png
Views:	3004
Size:	181.6 KB
ID:	177811

Name:	02create.png
Views:	3048
Size:	24.8 KB
ID:	177812

Name:	01skin.png
Views:	3049
Size:	69.3 KB
ID:	177813

Comment

wadawada

Sorry for the inconvenience. Your feedback has been submitted to our team, they will fix it.ID:PHANTOM-12835

Comment

I think there is a bug with dark mode/accessibility options.
                      I can't see the highlighter when some accessibility option is on.
                      maybe highlight needs to change to outline mode instead of filled-in solid color in dark mode/accessibility mode

Comment

wadawada ,We apologize for any difficulty using Foxit Software.I am sorry that I am still not clear about what settings you have made in Foxit Software and
                        what are the problems you have encountered in Foxit? Please help to describe in in more details with some illustrated screenshots. If it is possible,please help to use the licecap tool to generate an animated gif that shows your whole process:
                        http://sync-us.foxitsoftware.com/iss/Tools/LICEcap.zip
                        (Unzip it, then double-click on licecap file, you can then specify the recording area then hit "Record", it requires naming the file first then start recording.)

Look forward to your reply.

Comment

Working...
                        X