Script Error

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by vertexoflife View Post
    Go into Preferences (File -> Preferences) and go to General. Uncheck "Show Start Page" and "Show Advertisement"
    Wow. Advertising a product by barfing up an error on every startup is like, Microsoft-grade stupid. The testers must have been asleep the day they released that.

Comment

Go into Preferences (File -> Preferences) and go to General. Uncheck "Show Start Page" and "Show Advertisement"
      That should be Edit -> Preferences -> General.

Thanks that works on windows 8.1 64 bit.

Comment

I am also having a problem with script error message everytime I open a foxit pdf. I don't even know what a script error is.
        I uninstalled and reinstalled and still have problem. I am using windows 8.1
        Please help as I really want to keep using foxit but this is getting annoying Thanks

Comment

I am new to forum and this kind of stuff. I just saw the solution suggested and it worked!! Thank you vertexoflife!

Comment

I found the solution.

Hi First post here. Thanks for the solution. It worked. This was driving me crazy!

Comment

• dll666
              dll666 commented
              Editing a comment
              Agreed this solution works fine!!

I don't think it's a problem with Foxit. Was working fine until MS did an upgrade. Must have altered some of the internal security settings.... typical!

Cheers

I solved it.

1. Right Click on the shortcut
            2. Chose shortcut tab -> open file location
            3. Delete folder start

Close the foxit (if open) then open it again.

-> See the result.
            Last edited by kawaky10; 12-15-2013, 07:13 AM.

Comment

I found the solution.

You are brilliant -- How in the world did you figure that one out outside of a Google search? Thank you!

Comment

Working...
              X