Foxit window dissappears after closing my laptop

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Foxit window dissappears after closing my laptop

I am using Foxit Reader 2.4.1.0609 on Ubuntu 18.04 and I have the problem that, if Foxit Reader is open and I close my laptop, it is gone when I reopen it. That means that it is still running, but there is no visible windows of it. If i try to open another document, it seems to be opened by Foxit Reader but nothing is shown on the screen.

Thank you for posting here. I am not quite sure about it, do you mean Foxit Reader is gone just like having been uninstalled when you close your laptop? When you try to open another document, if nothing is shown on the screen, how do yo know it is opened with Foxit Reader, could you please make some screenshot of it to illustrate it? Thank you.

Comment

There are many applications that will remain open after the closing of the laptop or the system and hence the foxit window will also disappear but it will remain the same after the closing the laptop. google support number also has an application and it does not show that it is running in the background.

Comment

I have the same problem with Foxit Reader 2.4.4.0911 on Ubuntu 18.04 with XFCE desktop. After some time running (may be some hours), Foxit window dissapears and I must kill foxit process to be able to re-open other (or same) documents.

Comment

potexo Hello, sorry for the inconvenience. Can you please provide detailed information of the issue? we would like to check if the issue can be reproduced. It would be helpful if you can make some screenshot pictures or video to show the issue. Please send email to us for further communicate: [email protected]

Comment

I am also suffering from the same issue...can you suggest some solution, please!!

Comment

rmorales abhinavsingh009 potexo ,I have submitted this issue"Foxit window disappears after closing my laptop or keep it running for some hours" to our internal bug tracking system for our QA team to do further analysis with report ID#MACLNX-4112.I will keep you informed for any updates about this issue or you may also write back to [email protected] with this report ID#MACLNX-4112 to track its processing status.

Comment

I have the same problem, after my Ubuntu 18.04 wakes up from sleep, FoxitReader's window is gone but it is sitting in the background and accepting PDF open events, which prevents opening any new documents. The only way to open new PDFs is to kill the runaway instance of FoxitReader. I have noticed that people voiced this issue in 2016 and the issue was "submitted to our internal bug tracking system for our QA team to do further analysis with report ID#0082436", seems like the same problem!

Comment

Originally posted by ironfrown View Post
                  I have the same problem, after my Ubuntu 18.04 wakes up from sleep, FoxitReader's window is gone but it is sitting in the background and accepting PDF open events, which prevents opening any new documents. The only way to open new PDFs is to kill the runaway instance of FoxitReader. I have noticed that people voiced this issue in 2016 and the issue was "submitted to our internal bug tracking system for our QA team to do further analysis with report ID#0082436", seems like the same problem!
                  We are very sorry for the inconvenience. This issue has been forwarded to our team for further investigatoin, any update, we will poste here. Your kind understanding is highly appreciated.

Comment

Great software. Happy to see that it is available on Linux. BUT, I have the same problem on Ubuntu 18.04 running XFCE.

The FoxIT Reader window disappears when the laptop lid is closed; I have to kill the process to be able to start FoxITReader again.

Is there a solution available or is this still an unsolved problem despite it being reported way back in 2018 here?

Comment

Have you tried to change the screen resolution? I think that's the cause of the error

Comment

Originally posted by pfesjostrand View Post
                        Great software. Happy to see that it is available on Linux. BUT, I have the same problem on Ubuntu 18.04 running XFCE.

The FoxIT Reader window disappears when the laptop lid is closed; I have to kill the process to be able to start FoxITReader again.

Is there a solution available or is this still an unsolved problem despite it being reported way back in 2018 here?
                        pfesjostrand ,I am sorry that this issue you mentioned really hasn't been addressed yet because we haven't released newer version for Foxit Reader for Linux since September,2018.
                        In addition,our developers have stopped developing further version for foxit reader for linux,they will abandon existing Foxit Reader for Linux and will implement a brand-new and more powerful Foxit Reader for Linux which is based on our existing Foxit Reader for windows.

Comment

Working...
                        X