No announcement yet.

Scroll speed with mouse wheel is slow.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Scroll speed with mouse wheel is slow.

hi!

I have the Foxit reader recently installed (Version: 9.1.0.5096 in Windows 10), the scroll with the mouse wheel is slow compared with other programs, so I don't want to touch the Windows settings for that. Is there any way to change the Foxit behavior whit respect to the wheel?

pwsadilladesitio

Please update your Foxit Reader to the most current version 9.2.0 then try again. If the issue persists, please let us know if it occurred to any PDF document or just specific one. Please also make a small video that compares the scroll speed from within Foxit Reader and Microsoft Word so we could tell the difference on your side. You may email the video as attachment and send to [email protected]. Thank you.

Comment

Hi!

A couple of days ago I updated it to Version: 9.2.0.9297, and seems to be a bit faster, yes, but still ahead from Chrome. May be in some moment I can find a way to make a video, but I'm using this pdf http://www.ti.com/lit/ds/symlink/bq25895.pdf as a comparison material (because it's long enough), both Chrome and Foxit in the first page of the document, if I scroll 4 times in Chrome I will be by the end of page 4, when I scroll 4 times in Foxit I'm by the end of page two.

Comment

pwsadilladesitio I can reproduce what you meant on my side with the provided PDF document, but I tried with Adobe Reader, the 4-time scroll was by the end of page 2 as well. I'm wondering why you'd like to improve the scroll speed. Could you please let us know why you'd like to change the scroll speed and your user scenario so I could escalate it as suggestion for processing? Thank you.

Comment

The scenario is when I need to read a few of this kind of documents, this kind of datasheet is common in my line of work and many times some interesting data is at the beginning of the document or at the end of a few pages on the middle, and it becomes a bit tedious when I can't use the scroll fast to reach the desired data.
          But maybe is better to have an acceleration capability of the scroll, I think there is the difference with Chrome, if one moves the scroll wheel slowly the scroll is slow, when you moves it fast you get a faster scrolling, it's like the normal behavior of the pointer applied to the scroll feature. An adjust possibility of the feature (threshold and acceleration) will be wonderful!

Comment

pwsadilladesitio

Thanks for the update. I've forwarded your comments as suggestion to PM team's processing. Suggestion ID#: PHANTOM-11216. You may email to [email protected] with this ID# to track the processing status. Thank you.

Comment

Try fixing it by changing your mouse settings ?

Comment

Originally posted by svejorange View Post
                Try fixing it by changing your mouse settings ?
                mouse settings work to all the rest of the system, and the scroll speed is good there, I don't want to change it

Comment

In latest version you may not occur this, why because I have faced and i have upgraded updated version it looks it is bit faster comparing to previous version.

Comment

Hello all,For this situation you mentioned in this thread,we have already sent the feedback"Scroll speed with mouse wheel is slow in Foxit Reader" to our product marketing team and
                    suggest them to consider to add a scroll speed control strip for user to adjust scroll speed as user like. The suggestion ID is PHANTOM-11216.

Comment

I have just started using Foxit and this was the first thing I noticed! So painful.. Surely this is fixed by now..?

Here is a video to demonstrate the difference in scrolling speeds between Chrome (or any other application) and Foxit: https://www.loom.com/share/9bc1c806d...ebd4aeaa3f52ef
                      Last edited by samg; 04-06-2020, 01:51 AM. Reason: added video

Comment

samg

Sorry for the inconvenience the issue caused. I've updated your comments to Suggestion ID#PHANTOM-11216 for PM team's further processing. We'll keep you posted when there's further update. Thank you in advance.

Comment

After a long time I installed and tried Foxit again.
                          -> Scrolls much too slow for my feeling!

Why can't you set it individually?
                          Or can you do that (I don't think so?)

When I change the scroll speed in Windows, other programs scroll much too fast. So this is not a solution either.

Comment

usr

Sorry again for the trouble. I have added your comment to the case#PHANTOM-11216, and reminded our team to fix the issue asap.

Comment

Has this issue been addressed yet? I assume the obvious fix is to put a setting in the Preferences for how far to scroll per increment from the scroll wheel, but I don't see such a setting. Overall I'm liking PhantomPDF, but this one issue is definitely slowing me down.

Comment

Working...
                              X