Scroll speed with mouse wheel is slow.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

gwideman
    Please try to update the latest version below to see if the issue still persists.
    http://cdn01.foxitsoftware.com/product/reader/desktop/win/10.1.1/FoxitReader1011_enu_Setup_Prom.exe

Comment

Originally posted by pwsadilladesitio View Post
      hi!

I have the Foxit reader recently installed (Version: 9.1.0.5096 in Windows 10), the scroll with the mouse wheel is slow compared with other programs, so I don't want to touch the Windows settings for that. Is there any way to change the Foxit behavior whit respect to the wheel?
      try with a different mouse

Comment

Originally posted by Roy_Chen View Post
        gwideman
        Please try to update the latest version below to see if the issue still persists.
        http://cdn01.foxitsoftware.com/product/reader/desktop/win/10.1.1/FoxitReader1011_enu_Setup_Prom.exe
        At the time of writing, I had the very latest version of PhantomPDF installed (14-day demo). I don't see how installing Reader would speed up the mouse wheel.

Comment

Originally posted by finlay31 View Post

try with a different mouse
          You're suggesting that I install another mouse for the single purpose of running PhantomPDF? Look, I can change the settings on the current mouse to get the scroll speed I want from the PhantomPDF, but then it's not suitable for the other software I use. This is a problem only with PhantomPDF, and I'm not about to visit the *&^%$ mouse settings every time I change windows to or from PhantomPDF.

Comment

gwideman ,I am sorry that we didn't make any change on the scroll speed with mouse wheel on PDF file yet. I have reminded our QA team to further work on this issue in our internal bug tracking system again (report ID#QCPHANTOM-26948) and will keep you informed for any new updates about this problem.

Comment

Originally posted by Lisa_lee View Post
              gwideman ,I am sorry that we didn't make any change on the scroll speed with mouse wheel on PDF file yet. I have reminded our QA team to further work on this issue in our internal bug tracking system again (report ID#QCPHANTOM-26948) and will keep you informed for any new updates about this problem.
              It would be great if you could persuade the dev team to address this scrolling issue. Like the original poster pwsadilladesitio, I too deal with long technical PDF documents of hundreds or thousands of pages that I have to jump around in. I think pwsadilladesitio is correct in their comment that an acceleration function may be additionally useful compared to just speeding up the default scroll speed, though even just a preference to set scroll speed to faster would be good.

(I should also note that pwsadilladesitio was talking about Reader, while I'm talking about PhantomPDF. I don't know if they share code in this area and would automatically gain such a feature at the same time.)

Comment

gwideman

Yes, Foxit Reader and PhantomPDF share code in this area, so both will gain such a feature.

Comment

I have the same problem. I think there are two causes of the problem. First, programs do not adapt themselves to changes in display resolution. Scroll using the mouse wheel is much slower in high resolution settings (e.g. 3840 x 2160). If I lower display resolution (e.g. 1920 x 1080), it works better (but still slow). Also, the gui buttons become so small that it is hard to press in high resolution. Second, the scroll of a document seems to be done in pixels, not in lines.

Comment

Working...
                  X