Reader Crashes with the latest Win 7 updates

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• crash Reader Crashes with the latest Win 7 updates

Hi. I hope this is the right thread to report this issue. I currently have the latest release of Foxit Reader on a Win 7 64-bit PC. After a Windows update occurred over this past weekend, Reader is consistently crashing. The pdf will open up but if you attempt to scroll down the page it hangs... The exact same thing happened after the previous Win 7 update in the spring. At that time, I downloaded Acrobat as a backup. The issue was resolved after I uninstalled and then reinstalled the latest version of Foxit that was released this past summer. Since the second occurrence, I now have reverted back to using Adobe again. Although I am not without a resolution, I would prefer to use Foxit.

Thx.

YSE

Sorry for the trouble. Would you please help to provide us with the following info for further investigation?
    1. Your computer info. Use this tool to get it:
    http://sync-cn.foxitsoftware.com/iss...mputerInfo.exe
    Please run it>click GetInfo>choose Save> send the saved TXT file to us.
    2. If you get the crash reporter, you can find the crashlog.txt and CRASH.DMP files under the directory C:\Users\Administrator\AppData\Local\Foxit Reader.
    3. Does it happen to any files? If it happens to a specific file, please send us the sample for internal test.If it is inconvenient to upload here, you may email the PDF document to [email protected].
    4.. Would you please help to perform a fresh reinstallation of Foxit Reader 9.2 as the following way to see if it helps?
    1) Uninstall Reader from the control panel.
    2) Press "Window + r" input "regedit" press Enter, find folder "Foxit Reader" under the directory "HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Foxit Software\Foxit Reader" and delete it.
    3) Go to the installation folder of Foxit Reader, somewhere like:C:\Program Files\Foxit Software, delete the folder"Foxit Reader"
    4) Download it from the following link and run it as Admin to install the program.
    http://cdn02.foxitsoftware.com/produ...etup_Clean.exe

Thanks in advanced for your help to debug the issue.

Comment

Working...
    X