Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• crash PDF file doesn't open after PC has crashed

Hi,
    i'm using Foxit Reader 8.1.1.1115 (portable version). For the past few months i have used it for editing and adding comments on a large pdf file.
    last night, i finished my work and SAVED (CTRL+S) the pdf file ("Date modified" in Windows properties is Today 1:47 am). i left the PDF open in Foxit Reader, and the PC turned on.
    At night there was a power outage and the computer turned off. Since then my PDF file doesn't open in FOXIT or in any other PDF viewer or any other computer.
    i got an error message "Format error: Not a PDF or corrupted"

Any idea how to restore it?

thanks a lot
    Last edited by fc_bunker; 08-29-2018, 08:33 AM.

We are so sorry to hear that, but Foxit Reader is unable to restore it, you may create a restore point to recover the system to yesterday evening when the pdf file was fine.

Comment

It might be under the user temp folder, which will depend on your version of Acrobat and OS. If you're on a Windows machine and have a relatively new version it should be under:

C:/Users/<YOUR USER NAME>/AppData/Local/Temp/Adobe/Acrobat/<VERSION NUMBER>/

It might not be an actual PDF file, though, but some other format.

However, if such a file exists then Acrobat should ask you whether you want to recover it when you re-open it.

Visit here for more information about how to restore crashed pdf file
      Last edited by Json2500; 08-30-2018, 06:08 AM.

Comment

Working...
      X