Cannot print to network printer from commandline

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cannot print to network printer from commandline

If I try to print the PDF from the GUI it works. Using the /t argument in the commandline, specifying the same network printer, it does not print.
    Am I missing something?
    Foxit Reader version 6.2.3.0815 (Edit: upgraded to 9.4.0.16811 = no change)
    Windows 7 Pro
    Noted that when the command is executed FoxitReader.exe appears in the Task Manager process window for about 20 seconds and then disappears, nothing added to print queue, nothing printed.
    Shows the network printer in the printer dialog and the commandline version that does not work.
    Last edited by allans; 01-16-2019, 08:31 PM.

allans
    ​​​​​​​

Sorry for the trouble. Please help to provide us with the following info for further investigation;
    1. Do you get FoxitReader.exe appears in the Task Manager process window for about 20 seconds and then disappears when you are using version9.4? But version9.4 have supported to command line printing without opening Foxit Reader program, please check the version you are using is version9.4
    If not, please update as the following way.
    1) Uninstall Reader from the control panel.
    2) Press "Window + r" input "regedit" press Enter, find folder "Foxit Reader" under the directory "HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Foxit Software\Foxit Reader" and delete it.
    3) Go to the installation folder of Foxit Reader, somewhere like:C:\Program Files\Foxit Software, delete the folder"Foxit Reader"
    4) Download it from the following link and run it as Admin to install the program.
    http://cdn01.foxitsoftware.com/produ...etup_Clean.exe
    2. Also, please try to your printer as default, then use the /p command to print your file to see if it helps.

Comment

Yes, 9.4

Comment

The remote printer is the default. Using the /p option in the commandline also results in no action/printing.
        Today, having rebooted, with either the /t or the /p option, FoxitReader.exe sometimes appears in the Task Manager window, but only very briefly.
        I am also seeing this popup occasionally. It does not go away. I have had to rick-click on it and chose "Close".
        Still nothing in the print queue and it will still print from the GUI.
        Last edited by allans; 01-17-2019, 03:40 PM.

Comment

I should mention that the machine from which I am printing is a Virtualbox VM.

Comment

No help, Foxit?

Comment

Sorry for the delay in reply. To better debug this case, would you mind answering below questions? Thank you.
              1. You mean you Installed Windows 7 virtual machine on VirtualBox? What is the original system of the machine?
              2. Please type the detailed command line you used for printing.
              3. What is your printer type? Is your printer PCL printer? Detailed printer info(Print Driver Model). By opening the path "Control Panel\Hardware and Sound\Devices and Printers",then choose the printer and right click on it to select 'Printer properties'->General make a screenshot of it.
              4. If possible, you may use the LiceCap tool to generate an animated gif that shows how to reproduce the problem for our referencing.
              Here's the download link:
              http://sync-cn.foxitsoftware.com/iss/Tools/LICEcap.zip
              (Unzip it, double-click on licecap file, you can then specify the recording area then hit "Record", it requires naming the file first then start recording.)

Comment

Working...
              X