Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Printing issue with v9.4

Hi all,

I have a problem with printing on version 9.4 (on a RICOH printer).
    When I take a look in the printer's job log, the job is correctly sent but the number of pages is 0.

Get back to 8.3.1 version and no problem anymore.

Thanks for your help.

kerherno

Sorry for the trouble. Please help to provide us with the following info for further investigation;
    1. Your system info, like win7 32-bit, if it is windows10, please send us the screenshot of the panel"Control Panel\All Control Panel Items\Administrative Tools\System Information".
    2. The screenshot of printing dialog box you set.
    3. Your printer driver model, and is it a local printer connected directly to your computer?
    4. Does it happen to any files on your side? If it happens to a specific file, please send us the original pdf file and the scan of printing result you get for internal test.

In addition, please help to try the below workarounds to see if it helps.
    1. In Foxit printing dialog box, please check the option"Print as image" and print to see if it helps.
    2. In Foxit, go to File>Preferences>Print, check the option"Print text as a graphic(ignore..)", then print with unchecking the option"Print as image" in Foxit printing dialog box to see if it helps.

Comment

Hi.

Sorry for the delay of my reply.

To run tests as you resquested, I reinstalled 9.4 not from a fresh install but from an update of 8.3. It seems to work better as it prints something but not the entire document (it stops after few pages).

To reply to your questions :
      1. Win 10, 64-bits + see attached screenshot (sorry it's in french)
      2. see attached screenshot
      3. RICOH MP C5504. Network printer
      4. Any files

Workarounds:
      1. Print as image : it's working (even if it takes much longer to flatten)
      2. Print text as graphic: it's working

Thks for your help. Now, it's usable with these workarounds.
      Attached Files

Comment

kerherno you are not alone
        Rolled 9.41 out to a customer yesterday HPMX880 and M725 printers network attached to server 2012R2
        win1064 bit v1803 and 1809 affected same
        Print as an image is the only way text comes out
        have attached a snip of original pdf and what prints
        Attached Files

Comment

I too have run into an issue when printing a PDF with Foxit Reader 9.4. User says screen view looks ok, printed paper shows all graphics on the page, upside down.
          This is when printed to multiple printers. HP Laserjet 4100 and a Minolta Bizhub C368.
          Operating system Windows 7 Pro 32bit.

Comment

Originally posted by kerherno View Post
            Hi.

Sorry for the delay of my reply.

To run tests as you resquested, I reinstalled 9.4 not from a fresh install but from an update of 8.3. It seems to work better as it prints something but not the entire document (it stops after few pages).

To reply to your questions :
            1. Win 10, 64-bits + see attached screenshot (sorry it's in french)
            2. see attached screenshot
            3. RICOH MP C5504. Network printer
            4. Any files

Workarounds:
            1. Print as image : it's working (even if it takes much longer to flatten)
            2. Print text as graphic: it's working

Thks for your help. Now, it's usable with these workarounds.
            kerherno

I have reported your case to our team for further investigation, any updates, I will keep you informed. Report ID:QCPHANTOM-15162.
            When the job is correctly sent but the number of pages is 0, there is no pdf file printout, right?
            When it prints something but not the entire document, please help to check the the printer's job log also to check the pages numbers.

Comment

Originally posted by waughd View Post
              kerherno you are not alone
              Rolled 9.41 out to a customer yesterday HPMX880 and M725 printers network attached to server 2012R2
              win1064 bit v1803 and 1809 affected same
              Print as an image is the only way text comes out
              have attached a snip of original pdf and what prints
              waughd

Please help to send us the pdf file which has the issue for further test,if it is inconvenient to upload here, you may email the PDF document to support@foxitsoftware.com. Thank you in advance.

Comment

Originally posted by Billn View Post
                I too have run into an issue when printing a PDF with Foxit Reader 9.4. User says screen view looks ok, printed paper shows all graphics on the page, upside down.
                This is when printed to multiple printers. HP Laserjet 4100 and a Minolta Bizhub C368.
                Operating system Windows 7 Pro 32bit.
                Does it happen to any pdf files? Please help to send us the pdf file which has the issue for further test,if it is inconvenient to upload here, you may email the PDF document to support@foxitsoftware.com. Thank you in advance.

Comment

Originally posted by lyndi_wu View Post

waughd

Please help to send us the pdf file which has the issue for further test,if it is inconvenient to upload here, you may email the PDF document to support@foxitsoftware.com. Thank you in advance.
                  Hi I have sent 2 x PDF files the original and a scanned version of what prints
                  Apologies for the delay but I had to come back to forum to find your message despite subscribing to thread
                  The issue is happening for all PCs and laptops and also occurs when they use Microsoft Print to PDF as a printer the text is missing
                  It am unable to find a pattern in PDF files and all users are now printing as an image and grumbling at print times

Comment

waughd

Thank you for your file, we will follow up your case via the ticket you created.

Comment

Hi Any progress
                      I am being pressured by customer to change all their PCs over to adobe reader instead of foxit

Comment

waughd ,I have found your ticket with ticket#256702,our colleague Lyndi has already reported the printing issue you reported to our internal bug tracking system with report ID#QCphantom-14729 and this issue will be expected to be rectified in our next minor released version 9.5 if everything goes well according to plan.

Comment

Hi Lisa
                          Any idea on ETA for v9.5
                          Customer is not happy

Comment

waughd ,It will be released within half a month. You may suggest your customer to write to support@foxitsoftware.com to apply an internal version 9.5 of Foxit Reader/Foxit PhantomPDF before the formal version is released.

Comment

Working...
                            X