PDF Printer save as dialog doesn't appear

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PDF Printer save as dialog doesn't appear

I just recently upgraded our company to 9.4 and there is a problem sometimes when printing to PDF. The save as dialog never appears. I've had a couple reports of this and experienced it myself.

When it happens you cannot cancel the printing process in the program you have open and you cannot end task in task manager either. You get an access denied message. I have to end a process, sorry I don't know the exact name, I should have taken a screenshot of it, but the process is called something like print sv...exe. Next time it happens I'll get the name of the process.

Is there something I can do to fix this? Is it a known bug in 9.4.1.16828?

Thanks,
    John

User just reported it again. The process that I have to end to unfreeze the program is splwow64.exe. I was off a little on my guess, lol.

For now I am asking everyone that calls in about this to use the Microsoft print to PDF printer.

Comment

pialld

Sorry for the trouble. Please help to provide us with the following info for further investigation;
      1. Your system info, like win7 32-bit.
      2. Which file do you try to print when get the error? Which program do you print from? Please try to print txt file from Notepad or print .doc file from Word with Foxit printer to see if it happens.
      3. Please send us the screenshots to show the error you get, or make a video to show the issue, it would be better.
      You may use the LiceCap tool to generate an animated gif
      Here's the download link:
      http://sync-cn.foxitsoftware.com/iss/Tools/LICEcap.zip

(Unzip it, double-click on licecap file, you can then specify the recording area then hit "Record", it requires naming the file first then start recording.)

if it is inconvenient to upload here, you may email the PDF document to support@foxitsoftware.com with the subject"Attn:Lyndi". Thank you in advance.

Comment

This is on server 2016 RDS and windows 10 64bit. Unfortunately there is no error when it happens. The save as dialog just doesn't come up and you have to kill the splwow64.exe process that is running under the user that printed to get the program you are printing from to unlock. It happens with pretty much every program. If you try to print a range of pages in foxit it will happen. If you try to print from our customer management software it will happen, word, internet. Pretty much everything. One problem is that it's very random and I haven't found a way to replicate it.

Comment

pialld ,Thanks for your response.This situation you reported has been submitted to our internal bug tracking for our QA team to do further analysis with report ID#QCPHANTOM-15415.
          In addition,we still need your help to provide with us the creator log by doing as follows:
          1:Navigate to the following folder:
          C:\Users\[user name]\AppData\Roaming\Foxit Software\Foxit PDF Creator\Creator-Log
          Please delete all of the files and folders included in this "Creator-Log" folder manually.
          2: Go to "Start"->"Run"-> input regedit -> find "HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Foxit Software\Foxit PDF Creator",please change the value for "EnableLog" on the right panel into 1 if its value is not 1 there.
          3:Please try to replicate the same issue as you refered as usual again,then navigate to the following folder again and package all of the files or folders that you can find in this "Creator-Log" folder for us:
          C:\Users\[user name]\AppData\Roaming\Foxit Software\Foxit PDF Creator\Creator-Log
          And please also give us your server environment? Is it Citrix server?

Comment

pialld Sorry to bother you again.Would you please help to give us those requested information as I have mentioned in my previous reply at your convenience?

Comment

Originally posted by Lisa_lee View Post
              pialld Sorry to bother you again.Would you please help to give us those requested information as I have mentioned in my previous reply at your convenience?
              Hi, Sorry I haven't gotten around to doing this yet. Yes we are in a Citrix remote desktop environment. It happens to windows 10 computers too though. I have just told people to use the microsoft PDF printer for now.

Since this cannot be easily replicated I will have to capture logs for a long time and the event will be mixed in with it working fine. Is this ok?

Thanks,
              John

Comment

John ,Thanks for your response. Such issue you referred also could be replicated by our QA team on Citrix environment,it will be rectified in our next minor release version 9.5 of Foxit PhantomPDF and Foxit Reader. Please help to ask your people to reuse Foxit PDF printer again after having installed Foxit PhantomPDF/Foxit Reader 9.5 and pay attention to see if the same issue would happen again or not. If the same issue will reoccur again,please let us know.

Comment

Thanks for the reply. Do you know when this update will be released?

Comment

pialld ,It will be expected to be released within half a month if everything goes well.

Comment

Hopefully this has been fixed in 9.5. Just downloaded it and I'm going to install it on our citrix servers hopefully tonight.

I find it interesting there are other discussions on this issue with different explanations as to what's happening.

Comment

pialld

What's the other discussions on the issue? Would you please help to provide us with more info?

Comment

Please follow these steps to change the settings of the printer drivers to allow the “Save As” windows to appear:
                          1. Click “Start > Settings > Printers and Faxes.”
                          2. Right Click on the “PaperPort PDF Driver” or the “DocuCom PDF Driver.”
                          3. Select “Printing Preferences > Destination.”
                          4. Change the “Naming Method” drop down to “Query the file name.”
                          5. Now change the “If File Exists” drop down to “Show Warning Dialog.”
                          6. Make sure that “View PDF File” is checked.
                          7. Now Click “Apply” then “OK.”

Popeyes Survey
                          Last edited by Charles95; 04-22-2019, 09:07 AM.

Comment

Working...
                          X