PDF Printer save as dialog doesn't appear

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PDF Printer save as dialog doesn't appear

I just recently upgraded our company to 9.4 and there is a problem sometimes when printing to PDF. The save as dialog never appears. I've had a couple reports of this and experienced it myself.

When it happens you cannot cancel the printing process in the program you have open and you cannot end task in task manager either. You get an access denied message. I have to end a process, sorry I don't know the exact name, I should have taken a screenshot of it, but the process is called something like print sv...exe. Next time it happens I'll get the name of the process.

Is there something I can do to fix this? Is it a known bug in 9.4.1.16828?

Thanks,
    John

User just reported it again. The process that I have to end to unfreeze the program is splwow64.exe. I was off a little on my guess, lol.

For now I am asking everyone that calls in about this to use the Microsoft print to PDF printer.

Comment

pialld

Sorry for the trouble. Please help to provide us with the following info for further investigation;
      1. Your system info, like win7 32-bit.
      2. Which file do you try to print when get the error? Which program do you print from? Please try to print txt file from Notepad or print .doc file from Word with Foxit printer to see if it happens.
      3. Please send us the screenshots to show the error you get, or make a video to show the issue, it would be better.
      You may use the LiceCap tool to generate an animated gif
      Here's the download link:
      http://sync-cn.foxitsoftware.com/iss/Tools/LICEcap.zip

(Unzip it, double-click on licecap file, you can then specify the recording area then hit "Record", it requires naming the file first then start recording.)

if it is inconvenient to upload here, you may email the PDF document to support@foxitsoftware.com with the subject"Attn:Lyndi". Thank you in advance.

Comment

This is on server 2016 RDS and windows 10 64bit. Unfortunately there is no error when it happens. The save as dialog just doesn't come up and you have to kill the splwow64.exe process that is running under the user that printed to get the program you are printing from to unlock. It happens with pretty much every program. If you try to print a range of pages in foxit it will happen. If you try to print from our customer management software it will happen, word, internet. Pretty much everything. One problem is that it's very random and I haven't found a way to replicate it.

Comment

Working...
        X