Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hide menu/buttons/bar

Hello,

I use Foxit Reader 9.4 and I want to know if it is possible to hide all buttons (except "print" button) when I do a right clic to on a PDF file.
    I already use GPO to hide other buttons but I think some GPO doesn't works . Can we use registry keys to hide menu/bar/buttons ? If yes, which registry keys to use ?
    Besides, I need that all these changes are permanently to each users (mandatory profil) who connect to the terminal server ( Windows Server 2008 R2).

Thanks for your help.

Petter

I've sent out a message to check this request about "hide all buttons except Print button" with our engineer and I'll upload here soon. Could you please also let us know why you need to hide all the buttons except print button when you right-click on a PDF page? Thank you.

Comment

Hi Cherry,

I want that my end users could only open a PDF File and then print them. I don't want them to naviguate and modify Foxit Reader configurations.
      Maybe don't hide all buttons but buttons which can give us acces to sensitives configurations of Foxit Reader. Do you understand what I mean ?

Regards,

Comment

Petter

I'm wondering if you've tried the XML Editor tool designed for Foxit Reader enterprise edition (.msi) setup. We could configure the profstore.xml file to show/hide the buttons/menus in Foxit Reader. (See attached)
        I encourage you to fill out the form at the link below to get the .msi installer download and the XML Editor tool download.
        http://www.foxitsoftware.com/pdf/rea...rprise_reg.php

Please give it a try and let us know if you have any further questions. Thank you.

Attached Files

Comment

cherry

Thanks for your proposals.

I reinstalled Foxit Reader with the .msi installer and I used XML Editor to ticked all items of ribbon options except "Save/Save As/Print/Computer and Open". But the button "Preferences..." still appear when a do I right click on a opening pdf file.

Another idea ?

Regards,

Comment

Navigate to file menu in foxit reader then go to preferences and then uncheck history,Restore last view settings when reopening and then click OK.It will save the setting.
            Then view any PDF file,press "F4" in foxit phantom to hide your menu bar.It will hide your menu bar.However this is not a full proof solution,i m suggesting it as per my experience and knowledge.I hope it helps you mykfcexperience

Comment

Petter

Did you mean the "Preference" option under "File" menu could not be hide? When I right-click on a PDF page, I don't see the Preference option in the right-click context menu. If possible, please make a screenshot then mark out the option you want to hide so we could better advise. Thank you.

Comment

cherry

I mean "Preference" button when I right-clik on a PDF page open by Internet Explorer 11.

In fact, when I right-clik on a PDF page opening by Foxit Reader, I don't see this button. But, when I righ-clik on a PDF page opening by Internet Explorer 11, I see this button (see screeshot above).

Regards,

Comment

Petter

Thanks for the clarification. I'll check further and get you updated here soon. Thank you.

Comment

Petter

I've checked and it is not supported to hide the "Preferences" option in the right-click context menu. Could you please let me know why you need this feature and your user scenario so I could forward it as suggestion for consideration? Thank you.

Comment

cherry

Thanks for your confirmation.

I need this feature because I want that end users can only print and save PDF file. If they can go on "Preferences" then, they could change all Foxit Reader configurations. Do you understand my point of view ?

Regars,

Comment

Petter ,Thanks for your response.According to your request,I have submitted the suggestion "Provide a method to hide the "preferences" option in the pop-up context menu when right click on online PDF file in IE" as a new feature request to our product marketing's reference with suggestion ID#PHANTOM-12433. Any further questions or concerns,contact us any time.

Comment

I download foxit reader and when i try to open some PDF files , i notice that this files are not open!

what causes of this issue?

Anyway i'm using windows 10

Nicole,
                          Last edited by Nicole George; 07-31-2019, 04:33 PM.

Comment

Nicole George Sorry for the inconvenience. Can you please provide detailed information for reference? thanks in advance.
                            1. What's version of Foxit reader installed? please click "about Foxit reader" under HELP menu.
                            2. Did the issue occurred to any PDF files or particularly? if particularly, can you please send them to us for internal testing?
                            3. Was there any error message? please make screenshot picture to show the issue.
                            If it is inconvenient to upload here, you may email the PDF document to :[email protected]
                            Thanks.

Comment

I download Foxit Reader and when I try to open PDF files, I notice that these files are not open!

What are the causes of this problem?

Anyway, I use Windows 10

Comment

Working...
                              X