Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why when I try to open a pdf my Foxit reader software crashes?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• crash Why when I try to open a pdf my Foxit reader software crashes?

I'm having issues with foxit reader recently. I got a pdf file which I want to read using foxit reader but I can't because the software crashes and doesn't open the file. I've tried numerous times and even reinstalled the software and cleaned the cookies and checked the registry and so on. All seems okay but it is just that Foxit isn't behaving correctly.

The file does open normally using Adobe reader which is odd, why it can open with one software and not with the other?. Could it be that foxit isn't stable?.
    What can I do to fix this issue?. Can somebody help me?.

The file which I want to try to open is some big over 200 MB and it seems that I cannot upload it in this forum.

I have it in my google drive so here is the link:

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1TT...ybCiviZ-ImOdxe

Can somebody at this forum please help me? I don't know what's going on!.

chemist116 ,This issue you reported could be replicated on our part and it has been submitted to our internal bug tracking system for our QA team to do further investigation with report ID#QCPHANTOM-16624.I will keep you informed for any updates about this issue or you may also write back to [email protected] with this report ID#QCPHANTOM-16624 to track its processing status in future.

Comment

@Lisa_lee Do I need to do something from my end to address this issue or just wait?. About the tracking you mentioned, does it mean that to know further updates should I contact through that email address?. Or can I keep my questions in this thread?. Personally I'd like some sort of fix is released since Foxit is much more adequate for me to use it for reading as its viewing panel is wider and loads faster than adobe. I'll hope to get an update on this.

Comment

chemist116 .We are glad to inform you that our QA team have found out the cause of the issue and it will be expected to be rectified in our next minor release version 9.5 of Foxit Reader. Please keep an eye out for the new release.

Comment

Originally posted by Lisa_lee View Post
          chemist116 .We are glad to inform you that our QA team have found out the cause of the issue and it will be expected to be rectified in our next minor release version 9.5 of Foxit Reader. Please keep an eye out for the new release.
          I'll be anxiously waiting for the release of this update then.

Comment

I have same problem still. I can attach any document if you guys want to check. It's so frustrating. I have to open those files in Adobe PDF reader instead of Foxit.
            Attached Files

Comment

Xei5680 ,Thanks for your response.The document you attached could be opened without crash issue with our latest version of Foxit Reader 10.1.3 and Foxit PhantomPDF 10.1.3 on our part. So please help to update your Foxit PhantomPDF or Foxit Reader to latest version on your part to see if it helps? Following are links for downloading Foxit PhantomPDF 10.1.3 and Foxit Reader 10.1.3:
              Foxit PhantomPDF 10.1.3: http://cdn01.foxitsoftware.com/produ..._enu_Setup.exe
              Foxit Reader 10.1.3: http://cdn01.foxitsoftware.com/produ...etup_Clean.exe

If there is still any problem, please contact us again.

Comment

Originally posted by Lisa_lee View Post
                Xei5680 ,Thanks for your response.The document you attached could be opened without crash issue with our latest version of Foxit Reader 10.1.3 and Foxit PhantomPDF 10.1.3 on our part. So please help to update your Foxit PhantomPDF or Foxit Reader to latest version on your part to see if it helps? Following are links for downloading Foxit PhantomPDF 10.1.3 and Foxit Reader 10.1.3:
                Foxit PhantomPDF 10.1.3: http://cdn01.foxitsoftware.com/produ..._enu_Setup.exe
                Foxit Reader 10.1.3: http://cdn01.foxitsoftware.com/produ...etup_Clean.exe

If there is still any problem, please contact us again.

I literally uninstalled previous version that I had and downloaded Foxit Reader 10.1.3 from the link you kindly provided but issue is there again.

Click image for larger version

Name:	1.png
Views:	325
Size:	529.5 KB
ID:	182118
                Click image for larger version

Name:	2.png
Views:	327
Size:	86.1 KB
ID:	182119​​
                Attached Files

Comment

Xei5680

Sorry again for the trouble. Please help provide us with the below info.
                  1. Your system info, like win7 32-bit, if it is windows10, please send us the screenshot of the panel"Control Panel\All Control Panel Items\Administrative Tools\System Information".
                  2. The crashlog.txt and CRASH.DMP files you can find under the directory C:\Users\Administrator\AppData\Local\Foxit Reader(or Foxit PhantomPDF) .
                  3. What detailed operation you have done at the moment of crash?
                  4. Are your files saved in local disk? Does it happen to any pdf files?

Comment

Hello and sorry I took so long to respond:
                    1. My system is Win10 Home 64-bit. Attached System Information screenshot.
                    2. Attached 2 crash files that you asked for. .dmp file is on this link since forum won't let me upload files with that extension. https://wetransfer.com/downloads/a5c...9063841/6549a7
                    3. I opened signed PDF that I send in my previous post.
                    3. It doesn't matter where are files. I tried a file saved on local disk C; D; Desktop (which is C). It doesn't happen on every file. Only on files from this sender, which are signed by them. Foxit crashes instantly upon double click, after little popup in bottom right says "verifying all signatures".

Click image for larger version  Name:	1.png Views:	0 Size:	75.2 KB ID:	182167
                    Attached Files

Comment

Xei5680 ,Thanks for your response.This issue "Foxit crashes instantly upon double click, after little popup in bottom right says "verifying all signatures"." has been submitted to our internal bug tracking system for our QA team to do further analysis with report ID#QCPHANTOM-27078.I will keep you informed for any updates about this issue.

For your current woarkround,please choose to set Foxit Reader to not verify digital signature when opening PDF file by doing the following to see if it helps:
                      Go to "File"tab in Foxit Reader>"Preferences">"Signature">click on "Change settings" button ,please uncheck option ""Verify signature when the document is opened"" there,click on "OK""OK" to save the setting.

Attached Files

Comment

Thank you so much Lisa_lee. At least I will be able to open them, since I don't care much about verifying signatures.

Comment

I have same problem still. I can attach any document if you guys want to check. It's so frustrating. I have to open those files in Adobe PDF reader instead of Foxit.

Best,
                          Last edited by jemdin; 04-18-2021, 10:25 AM.

Comment

jemdin ,Thanks for contact us.Please help to send us one PDF file in question for us take a closer testing on our part. If you don't want to post the file sample on forum,please help to email it to support team by submitting a ticket from our ticket submit page below:
                            https://www.foxitsoftware.com/support/ticket.html
                            please indicate this thread link when you submit a ticket.

Look forward to your reply.

Comment

Working...
                            X