Two clicks to close

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Two clicks to close

When I open a PDF in Windows Explorer, to close it by R. clicking the taskbar icon and choosing 'Close window', it won't close the first time; I have to click 'Close window' again to close it. This only happens with Foxit.

Win7 Pro SP1, Foxit 9.4.1.16828

siffefx ,I am sorry that I can not replicate such issue you mentioned in our latest released version 9.5 of Foxit Reader on our part. Would you please help to install the most current version 9.5 of Foxit Reader to see if it helps? You may download the latest version from the link below:
    https://cdn01.foxitsoftware.com/prod...etup_Clean.exe

Comment

Uninstall/reinstall latest didn't work :-(

Comment

siffefx I apologize for the trouble.As to this issue you mentioned,please help to provide with us the following information for further investigation:
        1: Do you have 32-bit or 64-bit of Win7 Pro SP1 OS installed?
        2:Please help to open the stand-alone Foxit Reader application itself without opening any PDF file and choose to close it by selecting "Close window" option in taskbar to see if it will be closed normally?
        3:Please help to use the LiceCap tool to generate an animated gif that shows how to reproduce the problem for our referencing.
        Here's the download link:
        [IMG]file:///C:/Users/ADMINI~1/AppData/Local/Temp/msohtmlclip1/01/clip_image001.png[/IMG]http://sync-cn.foxitsoftware.com/iss/Tools/LICEcap.zip
        (Unzip it, then double-click on licecap file, you can then specify the recording area then hit "Record", it requires naming the file first then start recording.)

Look forward to your reply.

Comment

Hi Lisa_lee,

1. 64 bit.

2. Foxit does close the first time with no file loaded.

3. Licecap wouldn't show the task bar so I installed another screen recorder that would. I started a recording, clicked to close Foxit, and - it closed! No second click required. I have no idea why! Maybe I'll try another recorder if I can find one, or do a video with the phone.

Comment

siffefx ,You mentioned that when you started to recording,clicked to close Foxit and it could be closed.It means that the issue you mentioned doesn't always happen. Would you please help to observe carefully to see if this issue is related to some special PDF files you have opened in Foxit Reader? If so,please help to send us one PDF file sample and you could do a video with the phone for us.
            If it is inconvenience to upload the file here, you may email it to support@foxitsoftware.com (Attn:Lisa). And indicate this thread link. Thank you.

Comment

Hi Lisa_lee,

You said "It means that the issue you mentioned doesn't always happen." That's correct; it doesn't happen open when not loading a file or running a screen recorder :-) Otherwise, it does always happen no matter what the file or its content is - whether it's loaded from the web, from the hard drive, from email... it makes no difference.

I've spent several hours troubleshooting/uninstalling/reinstalling/comparing settings and processes to the version on my other PC (which doesn't have the problem). I did notice that looking at the sub-processes, msvcrt.dll is loading when I open a file but not when just starting Foxit. It doesn't load on my other PC at all. I tried renaming and replacing that file; neither action had any effect. I also noticed that clicking the first time doesn't end any of the sub-processes.

Finally, I discovered that if I do anything to move off of Foxit first (e.g., click another Task manager icon, Alt-Tab to another window, etc.), then closing Foxit works the first time. I think this may be a local system anomaly with an unknown and therefore un-solveable cause.

Comment

siffefx ,You mentioned that msvcrt.dll is loading when I open a file,we need to know that where is the file located on your computer and take a screensot of your task manager to show us the loaded msvcrt.dll there.
                And please help to check the version information of your windows 7 by doing as follows:
                1. Click start,in the search field, type “Winver”and press the "Enter" key on your keyboard.
                2. The About Windows window opens with all the information about the Windows version.Take a screenshot of the pop-up "About windows" dialog box for us.

Comment

Lisa_lee - Only executables show in Task Manager, not loaded DLLs. Why am I "not authorized to create or remove attachments"? See https://www.dropbox.com/s/87wq0gttxe...hot_2.jpg?dl=0 and https://www.dropbox.com/s/o0amrum4mg...hot_1.jpg?dl=0.

Comment

siffefx ,This issue you reported has been submitted to our internal bug tracking system for our QA team to do further analysis with report ID#
                    QCPHANTOM-17190.I will keep you informed for any updates about it or you may also write back to support@foxitsoftware.com with report ID#
                    QCPHANTOM-17190 to track its processing status in future.
                    We need to know that what happened when you tried to upload attachment on our forum with your account?

Comment

Thanks. I can upload the pic, but when I click 'Post', I get this: https://www.dropbox.com/s/3arjiya4bp...hot_3.jpg?dl=0

Comment

siffefx ,I have grantted the 'post images' permission for your forum account.You could now be able to upload and post images on our forum with your account.

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	ty.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	46.2 KB
ID:	171426

Comment

Working...
                          X