Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Various signed-PDF related questions

Hello,

I'm trying to move away from Adobe Reader (11 atm). We are using a lot of signed documents and we are evaluating foxit reader as an alternative. However, after trying opening a signed PDF document, foxit seems to be unable to reach the OCSP servers for signature revocation check. Checking the panel at the left shows that "The signature includes an embedded timestamp but could not be verified:.

Our network environment is isolated and access to the internet is only through a HTTP/HTTPS proxy server. Can you offer any advice on how to configure foxit to access the proxy, if possible?
    Last edited by cosmos; 06-07-2019, 08:37 AM.

Some more questions:

2) How can (via registry hack or GPO setting) make it that when the user opens a PDF, the tab pre-selected on the left is the "Manage Digital Signatures"?

3) In adobe reader, when a signed PDF is ok, a small icon appears at the upper left to indicate that. Is there something similar on Foxit?

Comment

Originally posted by cosmos View Post
      Hello,

I'm trying to move away from Adobe Reader (11 atm). We are using a lot of signed documents and we are evaluating foxit reader as an alternative. However, after trying opening a signed PDF document, foxit seems to be unable to reach the OCSP servers for signature revocation check. Checking the panel at the left shows that "The signature includes an embedded timestamp but could not be verified:.

Our network environment is isolated and access to the internet is only through a HTTP/HTTPS proxy server. Can you offer any advice on how to configure foxit to access the proxy, if possible?
      cosmos ,According to the situation you mentioned,I have submitted the situation"Can not access to the internet trough a HTTP/HTTPS proxy server to verify a signature which include an embedded timestamp" for our QA team to do further analysis with report ID#QCPHANTOM-18474. Any updates,I will keep you informed.
      In addition,I would like to know that have you made any setting in Adobe Reader to make it to be able to access proxy? If any,please let us know how to set in adobe reader for our reference.

Comment

Originally posted by cosmos View Post
        Some more questions:
        2) How can (via registry hack or GPO setting) make it that when the user opens a PDF, the tab pre-selected on the left is the "Manage Digital Signatures"?
        3) In adobe reader, when a signed PDF is ok, a small icon appears at the upper left to indicate that. Is there something similar on Foxit?
        cosmos ,I am sorry that currently there is not any way to make Foxit PhantomPDF/Foxit Reader to show "Manage Digital Signatures" panel on the left by default when open PDF files.
        For this situation,I have submitted suggestion"Support to show "Manage Digital Signatures" panel on the left by default when open PDF files" to our product marketing's reference with suggestion ID#PHANTOM-12803 ,so that it may be considered in future versions.

For this situation"In adobe reader, when a signed PDF is ok, a small icon appears at the upper left to indicate that",please help to take a screenshot to show us the small icon you referred for us to take a closer look at first,so that we will know this situation you mentioned and further advise.

Comment

Originally posted by Lisa_lee View Post
          In addition,I would like to know that have you made any setting in Adobe Reader to make it to be able to access proxy? If any,please let us know how to set in adobe reader for our reference.
          No, no changes at all. Our environment even uses an automatically detected proxy configuration (see WPAD) and Adobe Reader works just fine.

There is an additional issue here regarding Foxit updates, environment language downloads etc; they won't work.

For this situation"In adobe reader, when a signed PDF is ok, a small icon appears at the upper left to indicate that",please help to take a screenshot to show us the small icon you referred for us to take a closer look at first,so that we will know this situation you mentioned and further advise.
          Tried to upload a screenshot, but forum software informed me that I did not have permission to do so. So I uploaded them to https://imgur.com/W7jfewN

It's a pity these two features are not supported by Foxit. Specifically the first is a blocker for us, so for the time being we'll have to stick with Adobe Reader DC.

PS: There seems to be an issue with the forum as well. Even though I selected to be notified of replies to this thread I have not received any for some reason. I'd be grateful if you could check into that.

Comment

cosmos ,I have moved your Foxit account to the users group which are allowed to post attachments on our forum,so you should now be able to upload attachments.
            For this situation" environment language downloads etc; they won't work" you mentioned,do you need to change Foxit Reader user interface language from English to other language? Did you try to download language by going to "File"tab in Foxit Reader>"Preferences">"Languages",check options"Choose custom language" and "Choose languages provided by the community" ,and select one of the language under the "Translated by Community" ,click on "OK" to download language? If so,please let us know what happened when you tried to download language file?It is better if you could help to provide some illustrated screenshots which could demonstrate this issue.

For this situation"In adobe reader, when a signed PDF is ok, a small icon appears at the upper left to indicate that",I still need your help to send us one PDF file sample with signature included for us to take a closer testing on our part.
            If it is inconvenience to upload the file here, you may email it to support@foxitsoftware.com (Attn:Lisa). And indicate this thread link.

Comment

cosmos ,According to the situation you mentioned,I have submitted the situation"Can not access to the internet trough a HTTP/HTTPS proxy server to verify a signature which include an embedded timestamp" for our QA team to do further analysis with report ID#QCPHANTOM-18474. Any updates,I will keep you informed.
              cosmos ,The verification result shows that "The signature includes an embedded timestamp but could not be verified"
              maybe caused by "the signature hasn't been validated yet". Firstly,please help to check that the certificate of the signature has been trusted in your Foxit PhantomPDF?If not,please do as follows to add the timestamp certificate as trusted certificates:
              1)Right click on the timestamp signature in signature panel in Foxit PhantomPDF,select "Show signature properties"option in the pop-up context menu to open the "Signature Properties" dialog box.
              2)Please click on "Show Certificate"button in the "Signature Properties" dialog box to open "Certificate viewer" window there.
              3)Click on the root certificate under the "Certificate path" there to make it to be selected.Then please check the status of the "Add to Trusted Certificate"button there. If this button is not grayed out which means that the timestamp certificate is already a trusted certificate of your Foxit PhantomPDF.If the button is grayed out which means that it still not trusted by Foxit PhantomPDF,so you have to click on "Add to Trusted Certificates"button to add it as trusted certificates.
              After you having added the timestamp certificate as trusted one,then please choose to validate signature again.

For this situation"foxit seems to be unable to reach the OCSP servers for signature revocation check"you mentioned,please help to further check the Revocation information to see if it shows that request connection failed there. Please do the following procedures:
              1) Open the Signature Properties dialog box, click the "show certificate" button to open "Certificate viewer" window there.
              2) Click on the "revocation" tab in the "Certificate viewer" window to view the details of revocation checks(The prerequisite of performing revocation checks on certificate is adding the signature certificate as trusted one).
              If it shows that it is unable to obtain OSP from corresponding server and request connection failed. Please take a screenshot of the "Certificate viewer" dialog box to show us the result of the check revocation you mentioned and also provide with us a PDF file sample with the timestamp signature included for us to take a closer testing on our part.
              If it is inconvenience to upload the file here, you may email it to support@foxitsoftware.com (Attn:Lisa). And indicate this thread link.

Comment

Working...
              X