Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why wouldn't I be able to bookmark in Foxit Reader?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Resolved Why wouldn't I be able to bookmark in Foxit Reader?

I have Foxit Reader 9.6.0.25114

Advice Pro ,Did you already open the bookmark panel to add bookmark in Foxit Reader (please refer to screenshot:add bookmark,jpg)? If there the icon for saving current view as a bookmark is greyed out,please check the document itself is not allowed to changed by doing as follows:
    Open the PDF file in which you failed to add bookmark there,click on "File"tab in Foxit Reader>"Properties">"Security" to see if the 'Changing the document' under the 'Document restirctions sumary' is allowed or not allowed. If it 'Changing the document' is not allowed,you would not able to make any change to the document, including adding bookmark.
    Attached Files

Comment

There isn't a Document restrictions summary:

Comment

Originally posted by Advice Pro View Post
        There isn't a Document restrictions summary:

It is not under Preference. Please click on "File"tab in Foxit Reader>"Properties">"Security" to see if the 'Changing the document' under the 'Document restirctions sumary' is allowed or not allowed.

Comment

Originally posted by richell_huang View Post

It is not under Preference. Please click on "File"tab in Foxit Reader>"Properties">"Security" to see if the 'Changing the document' under the 'Document restirctions sumary' is allowed or not allowed.
          Thanks for pointing that out. It is indeed not allowed:

Comment

Advice Pro Yes. That is the reason you cannot add bookmark into file.
            As Printing is allowed, I advise you print it as a new file, then it has not any protection and can be added bookmarks. please have a try. thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by amanda_liang View Post
              Advice Pro print it as a new file.
              Did you mean 'Save As' a new file? That didn't work. In 'Security' it still says the same. I found a site that will remove restrictions, but still want to know if Foxit Reader can.
              Unlock PDF: You can easily remove all restrictions in your PDF file with this online tool - just in a few seconds and completely free.

Comment

Advice Pro ,Amanda suggested you choose to print your original PDF file with "Foxit Reader PDF printer" into a new PDF file by doing as follows:
                Open PDF file in Foxit Reader,click on "File"tab>"Print" to open Foxit Reader PDF printer dialog box,then choose "Foxit Reader PDF printer" as printer,click on "OK" to print it out into a new PDF document.
                Then you should be able to add bookmarked in newly created PDF file.

Comment

Working...
                X