Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FAQ How to stop putting the file name on Subject

Hi everyone,

Does anyone know how to stop putting the file name on email subject when I want to share the PDF? Thank you.

Currently, it is no way to disable it, may I know why you want to stop it so I can report it to our PM team for future evaluation? Thank you.

Comment

Originally posted by richell_huang View Post
      Currently, it is no way to disable it, may I know why you want to stop it so I can report it to our PM team for future evaluation? Thank you.
      Hi Richell,

I am pretty I am not the first one asking this quesiton. I want to disable it because I don't want to show the entire file name on the subject or sometimes I don't even want to show the file name on subject. Thus, I suggest we can customize the subject, such as how many digit will show on subject, stop at specific string or sign, and adding constant string + the file name on subject. If it happens, it will be amazing. Cheers.

Comment

pkpk169 ,Thanks for your reply. In fact,the function "Support to populate the email subject with attached PDF's name" is a newly implemented feature in the latest version 9.6 of Foxit Reader and Foxit PhantomPDF since there are lot of users asked for this function.In V9.6,there is not any way to disable this function. For your current workaround,you may choose to downgrade to a previous version of Foxit Reader.You may download Foxit Reader 9.3 from the link below:
        http://cdn01.foxitsoftware.com/produ...etup_Clean.exe

According to your request,I have submitted the following two suggestions to our product management team's referenceļ¼š
        The first suggestion: Add an option in Preferences window in Foxit to stop putting filename as email subject when email PDF file.Suggestion ID is #PHANTOM-13213
        The second suggestion: Support to customize the email subject when email PDF file. Suggestion ID is #PHANTOM-13214.

Comment

It is by default, If you want to stop it, You may replace the name at the time of save or download

Comment

Originally posted by Lisa_lee View Post
            pkpk169 ,Thanks for your reply. In fact,the function "Support to populate the email subject with attached PDF's name" is a newly implemented feature in the latest version 9.6 of Foxit Reader and Foxit PhantomPDF since there are lot of users asked for this function.In V9.6,there is not any way to disable this function. For your current workaround,you may choose to downgrade to a previous version of Foxit Reader.You may download Foxit Reader 9.3 from the link below:
            http://cdn01.foxitsoftware.com/produ...etup_Clean.exe

According to your request,I have submitted the following two suggestions to our product management team's referenceļ¼š
            The first suggestion: Add an option in Preferences window in Foxit to stop putting filename as email subject when email PDF file.Suggestion ID is #PHANTOM-13213
            The second suggestion: Support to customize the email subject when email PDF file. Suggestion ID is #PHANTOM-13214.
            Thanks for your reply and suggestion. As I am using company computer, I am unable to change the Foxit version. Thank you anyway.

Comment

Working...
            X