No announcement yet.

Error message "File not found" when opening a pdf from the Windows explorer

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bug Error message "File not found" when opening a pdf from the Windows explorer

Hi guys,

I'm experiencing something strange with Foxit. When I try to open a pdf from the Windows explorer, it returns a message "File not found. Check if the file was moved, renamed, or deleted".

I discover that my mapped drive doesn't appear when I browse my folders from the program itself (File > Open > Computer).

How can I solve this issue ?

infomaniac

Please try to disconnect the mapped drive then try to re-map the network drive and see if it helps. Thank you.

Comment

I disconnected and reconnected the mapped drive, but it doesn't change anything. Same error message.

Comment

infomaniac

Would you please help to provide us with the following info?
        1. Can you open the other file on the mapped drive? like Office word.
        2. If it just happens to Foxit, let me know the version of Foxit Reader you use.
        3. Your system info, like Win7 32-bit.
        4. What's your network drive? How do you map it?

Comment

1. Yes, I can open all the files on the mapped folder (.pdf, .xls, doc, etc ...)
          2. It happens only on Foxit, because I can open the .pdf with Chrome. The version used is 9.6.0.25114
          3. I'm running on Windows 10 Family x64 version 1903 (build 18362.295), Intel Core i7 4790K, 16 GB RAM, Asus Z97-AR (BIOS 2801)
          4. My network drive is a WD MybookLive. I map it using the Map network drive function of Windows 10 (and browsing the UNC adress of the drive)

This problem doesnt happen on my laptop with the same mapped drive and quite the same environment (Windows Pro x64).

Comment

Originally posted by infomaniac View Post
            1. Yes, I can open all the files on the mapped folder (.pdf, .xls, doc, etc ...)
            2. It happens only on Foxit, because I can open the .pdf with Chrome. The version used is 9.6.0.25114
            3. I'm running on Windows 10 Family x64 version 1903 (build 18362.295), Intel Core i7 4790K, 16 GB RAM, Asus Z97-AR (BIOS 2801)
            4. My network drive is a WD MybookLive. I map it using the Map network drive function of Windows 10 (and browsing the UNC adress of the drive)

This problem doesnt happen on my laptop with the same mapped drive and quite the same environment (Windows Pro x64).
            Could you please make a screenshot of the detailed UNC path that showed and would you mind using the LiceCap tool to generate an animated gif that shows how you map the drive and how you open it for our referencing so we can try to simulate it and try to reproduce it on our side.
            Here's the download link:
            http://sync-cn.foxitsoftware.com/iss/Tools/LICEcap.zip
            (Unzip it, double-click on licecap file, you can then specify the recording area then hit "Record", it requires naming the file first then start recording.)

Comment

I forgot to tell you that when I'm trying to open the same file, but with the UNC adress, the file open normaly. It's only when I try to open it from the mapped drive in the explorer that the problem occur.

I'll try to send you the animated gif as soon as I have time. But as I say, the problem is random. I don't have it on an other computer (same mapped drive and same method of mapping).

Comment

Probably it could help. As you can see, when I select open a file from FoxitReader, the explorer doesn't show the network drive V:, while the explorer of Windows 10 show it at the same time.

Comment

Working...
                X