Opening local file urls

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Feature Opening local file urls

I have PDF files with a lot of links referring to other PDFs on the local filesystem. The urls are like this:
    file:///C:/Users/...
    Previously if I clicked such an URL, it opened the linked PDF in an other tab, and this is exactly how I want it to be. But with a recent update this behaviour is gone. Instead foxit reader always opens the link in my web browser. (And the browser will put the pdf file in my download folder, not opening it.) How can I get back the previous functionality? Or is there a way to go back to a previous version of Foxit Reader?
    Thanks in advance,

bunyesz

For URLs like "file:///c:\Users/...", currently Foxit needs to call the web browser to open the file protocol link. Here's one problem that, the computer will call the default web browser from within PDF program to open the file. I've forwarded this issue as new suggestion to PM engineer so Foxit Readercould open the file protocol URI action without having to call the web browser. Suggestion ID#: PHANTOM-11875.

May I know which previous version of Foxit Reader worked for you so I could send you the download link of it as temp solution?

Comment

Hi Cherry,
      Thank you for your answer.
      Unfortunately I'm not aware of the version numbers I was using. Now I'm running 9.4. Guessing from the release dates the good version was 9.2.0.9297, maybe 9.1
      Best Regards,

Comment

Here is the download link for Foxit Reader 9.1.
        http://cdn01.foxitsoftware.com/produ...etup_Clean.exe

Comment

Working...
        X