Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How to improve image quality of PDFs on Foxit Reader? Adobe Reader works fine..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Feature How to improve image quality of PDFs on Foxit Reader? Adobe Reader works fine..

Long story short: im trying to use my exported PDFs from Musescore but image quality is low compared to the non-exported 'printed to PDF' ones on Foxit reader.

The exported file on Adobe Reader looks fine, hence the problem here is Foxit Reader, not the file. (with Sumatra PDF works fine too, and maybe on other readers too..)

For more information refer to this discussion thread:

https://musescore.org/en/node/297569

The thing is: i want to use Foxit Reader, i like it more and been using it for years now. Don't like Adobe Reader or another. So please fix it.

Thanks.
    Last edited by VictorT; 11-25-2019, 08:08 AM.

Using PDF technology, it is simple to insert an image into the file you are creating using the application's built-in tools. Foxit PhantomPDF Business offers a robust set of tools to edit these images in the application itself, unlike many word processing software packages and text editors. There is no need to open an external image editing tool using this option.

Nonetheless, there is a difference between simply adding an image to a PDF document and ensuring that the image is properly set up. Optimizing image files helps with your PDF document's usability, visibility, and overall size, so it's an important consideration. Yet as important as optimization is, it's not a difficult process. Here are some best practices for optimizing images in your PDF files.

Comment

VictorT, We apologize for the trouble.Firstly,please help go to click on "Help" tab in Foxit Reader,click on "About Foxit Reader" to check its version number. If it is not the latest version,please help to install the latest version of Foxit Reader V9.7 by downloading it from the link below:
      http://cdn09.foxitsoftware.com/produ...etup_Clean.exe
      and then try to print document from your Musescore appliction with Foxit Reader PDF Printer again.
      Before you print it,please click on the "Preference" button in your Musescore print dialog box to open Foxit Reader PDF Printer Preference dialog box ,please set a higher image resolution and choose High Quality Print as default settings in Foxit Reader PDF Printer Preferences dialog box,click on "Save as default" and then hit"OK" to save the settings and close the Foxit Reader PDF Printer Preference dialog box.Finally,please click on "Print" button to print it to see whether the newly generated PDF quality will be improved or not?
      Click image for larger version

Name:	settings.jpg
Views:	73
Size:	28.0 KB
ID:	174908

Comment

Originally posted by Lisa_lee View Post
        VictorT, We apologize for the trouble.Firstly,please help go to click on "Help" tab in Foxit Reader,click on "About Foxit Reader" to check its version number. If it is not the latest version,please help to install the latest version of Foxit Reader V9.7 by downloading it from the link below:
        http://cdn09.foxitsoftware.com/produ...etup_Clean.exe
        and then try to print document from your Musescore appliction with Foxit Reader PDF Printer again.
        Before you print it,please click on the "Preference" button in your Musescore print dialog box to open Foxit Reader PDF Printer Preference dialog box ,please set a higher image resolution and choose High Quality Print as default settings in Foxit Reader PDF Printer Preferences dialog box,click on "Save as default" and then hit"OK" to save the settings and close the Foxit Reader PDF Printer Preference dialog box.Finally,please click on "Print" button to print it to see whether the newly generated PDF quality will be improved or not?
        Click image for larger version

Name:	settings.jpg
Views:	73
Size:	28.0 KB
ID:	174908
        (my answer was 'flagged as spam'.. LOL??, so i copy and re post the same below and lets see whats happen..):

Hey, thanks for answer but did you read my post? Did you even entered the discussion link of the Musescore forum i posted?

I don't want to use any print-to-PDF software: the exported file of Musescore works nice on Adobe Acrobat reader and Sumatra PDF reader.

NOT in Foxit reader.

Then: there is a problem with Foxit and it seems that its not up to the highest modern standards, sadly.

Please update your software so we can use modern PDF with sharp and crisp view and tiny file size like the exported on Musescore.

Comment

VictorT

We read though the discussion link you posted (https://musescore.org/en/node/297569) and it seemed the problem is the image in the PDF document that exported from Musecore looks blurry by comparing with the rendering result in Adobe. I've also download the file (Ana Luiza -Bb OK DONE OCT UP SHIT.pdf) you uploaded in Musecore forum and escalated the issue to Foxit internal bug tracking system for further investigation. Report ID#: QCPHANTOM-22196.

One more thing, I notice that you mentioned the result is blurry when zooming at 100% in Foxit Reader. I tried to open the same PDF document in Adobe, and the dots and lines looks bigger than in Foxit at zoom 100%. May I know at which zoom ratio you set in Adobe Reader to compare the different rendering result?

Thank you.

Comment

Originally posted by cherry View Post
            VictorT

We read though the discussion link you posted (https://musescore.org/en/node/297569) and it seemed the problem is the image in the PDF document that exported from Musecore looks blurry by comparing with the rendering result in Adobe. I've also download the file (Ana Luiza -Bb OK DONE OCT UP SHIT.pdf) you uploaded in Musecore forum and escalated the issue to Foxit internal bug tracking system for further investigation. Report ID#: QCPHANTOM-22196.

One more thing, I notice that you mentioned the result is blurry when zooming at 100% in Foxit Reader. I tried to open the same PDF document in Adobe, and the dots and lines looks bigger than in Foxit at zoom 100%. May I know at which zoom ratio you set in Adobe Reader to compare the different rendering result?

Thank you.
            Thanks for answer.

No matter the zoom really, all ratios looks sharp on Adobe or Sumatra readers. The problem is Foxit rendering system which is not up to the task (using an outdated system maybe..?).
            Of course if you zoom it at infinite or lets say 6400% you can see the pdf without blur... but thats not the idea.

I think the 100% foxit equivalent on Adobe are something like 90%.. but, i repeat, it doesn't matter.

ps: can i use the report ID# you sent like a support ticket by myself? Thanks.

Comment

VictorT

Thanks for the update. I've added your comments to Report ID#QCPHANTOM-22196 for QA and Dev engineer's further investigation. We'll update here when the issue been fixed. Regarding the Report ID# tracking, sorry that currently the internal bug tracking system is only for internal usage. If you want an update, you may update here or email to [email protected] with this ID# to track the processing status.

Thank you again.

Comment

Originally posted by cherry View Post
                VictorT

Thanks for the update. I've added your comments to Report ID#QCPHANTOM-22196 for QA and Dev engineer's further investigation. We'll update here when the issue been fixed. Regarding the Report ID# tracking, sorry that currently the internal bug tracking system is only for internal usage. If you want an update, you may update here or email to [email protected] with this ID# to track the processing status.

Thank you again.
                Thanks so much, ill wait for the fix! 😊

Comment

Working...
                X