Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Foxit Reader starts very slow

Hi All,
    since a few days I'm struggeling getting start-up performance from the reader.
    It takes 25 seconds until the application is ready to go.
    As a comparison, word takes 3-5 secondes to start.

I've got version 9.7.0.29455
    Any advise what i can do?

Regards
    Martin

[email protected] ,Regarding this issue,our dev team have compiled new dll files based on the issue you mentioned. Would you please help to do as the following way to test the dll files on your side?
    1. Download DLL.zip from the below link, and unzip the file to get a folder which contains two dll files"FPCSDK.dll" and "FPCSDK64.dll":
    http://sync-us.foxitsoftware.com/iss...M-9782/DLL.zip
    2.Keep your Foxit PhantomPDF closed you it is opening. Browse to the installation folder of Foxit Reader(By default it is:"C:\Program Files (x86)\Foxit Software\Foxit Reader"),please save the two newly downloaded dll files into this folder to replace its original two files there.
    Finally,please try to open Foxit Reader again to see if it will be opened at normal speed? If it is still opened slowly,please follow the steps below to provide relevant logļ¼š
    1: Download "fpcsdk.zip" form the link below:
    http://sync-us.foxitsoftware.com/iss...782/fpcsdk.zip
    unzip it to get "fpcsdk.config" this file.
    2:Please place "fpcsdk.config" this file into your Foxit Reader's main installation folder,somewhere like:
    "C:\Program Files\Foxit Software\Foxit Reader"
    or
    "C:\Program Files (x86)\Foxit Software\Foxit Reader"
    3:Please try to open Foxit Reader as usual to replicate the same issue,then please close the software and package all of the files under the following folder and send them to [email protected]:
    C:\ProgramData\Foxit Software\Foxit Reader\FoxitConnectPDF\Log

Comment

Hi,

I've got the same problem, Foxit Reader (vers. 9.7.0.29455 )starts very slow.
      After changing the two dll files Foxit Reader still starts slowly.
      Is there already a solution?

Comment

Kirsten

Sorry to hear that. If the replacement mentioned above doesn't help, please help provide the the relevant logs that Lisa mentioned so we could forward it for taking a closer look at. Thank you.

Comment

Kirsten Regarding the slowly open issue you mentioned,our Dev team have finally found out the cause of the issue through their joint efforts.
          They will further work to develop new solution on how to optimize our Foxit PhantomPDF/Foxit Reader to improve the PDF file opening speed in future release version.
          For your current workaround,please do as follows to replace two dll files in your Foxit Software main installation folder with two newly compiled dll files to get around the issue.After having replaced the new dll files,the workflow and mechanism which cause the issue would be blocked.
          For Foxit Reader users:
          1. Download DLL.zip from the below link, and unzip the file to get two dll files"FPCSDK.dll" and "FPCSDK64.dll":
          http://sync-us.foxitsoftware.com/iss...Readerdlls.zip
          2.Keep your Foxit PhantomPDF closed you it is opening. Browse to the installation folder of Foxit Reader(By default it is:"C:\Program Files (x86)\Foxit Software\Foxit Reader"),please save the two newly downloaded dll files into this folder to replace its original two files there.

For Foxit PhantomPDF Users:
          1. Download DLL.zip from the below link, and unzip the file to get two dll files"FPCSDK.dll" and "FPCSDK64.dll":
          http://sync-us.foxitsoftware.com/iss...hantomdlls.zip
          2.Keep your Foxit PhantomPDF closed you it is opening. Browse to the installation folder of Foxit Reader(By default it is:"C:\Program Files (x86)\Foxit Software\Foxit PhantomPDF"),please save the two newly downloaded dll files into this folder to replace its original two files there.

Comment

What version of the software contains this patch? I confirm it fixes the issue for me.

Comment

niffur00 ,I am sorry there ,there is still no version contains the patch you mentioned. Our Dev team are still working on how to optimize our Foxit PhantomPDF/Foxit Reader to improve the PDF file opening speed in future release version.

Comment

What older version of the software is there that is NOT affected then? I rolled this software out to 15 users the other day and they are not happy.

Comment

I have version 9.7.0.29455 on my machine here, the startup speed is typical and launches in less than a second. The same version I installed on my client's PC is the same, but launched in more than 15-20 seconds. This version has been out since September 2019. In fact I did not start getting any complaints about it until recently but I don't know if it has always been like that or not. Can you please explain what you know about this issue? Is there certain configuration options, OS versions, etc? Is it a particular Windows 10 patch? Can you elaborate on the specifics of "the workflow and mechanism which cause the issue" referenced above? What workflow / mechanism?

Version 9.7.0.29455
                  Release Date: September 29, 2019

Comment

niffur00 ,This open slowy issue started with V9.7, because the activation module in Foxit PhantomPDF/Foxit Reader begins to determine if the Phee version information (an Enterprise version which requests to accessing a customized server URL for activating software) was configured in user's environment at Foxit PhantomPDF startup,causing a DNS lookup when you open Foxit PhantomPDF/Foxit Reader.
                    The Foxit PhantomPDF/Foxit Reader won't be finally opened before the DNS lookup is completed,that is the reason why Foxit need to take some seconds to start.
                    The newly compiled dll files were for blocking the DNS lookup,so the Foxit PhantomPDF/Foxit Reader will start quickly after having replcaced the two new dll files.
                    You may also choose to downgrade to V9.6 for getting around the issue.

Comment

Dear All,regarding the Foxit Reader starts slowy issue,we need your help to update your Foxit PhantomPDF/Foxit Reader to our most current minor released version 9.7.2 to see if it could be launched quickly without delay? Following is link for downloading Foxit PhantomPDF v9.7.2 and Foxit Reader V9.7.2:
                      Foxit PhantomPDF:http://cdn01.foxitsoftware.com/produ...L10N_Setup.msi
                      Foxit Reader: http://cdn01.foxitsoftware.com/produ...L10N_Setup.msi
                      Please download one of them as needed and let us know the result.

Look forward to your reply.

Comment

I've installed the 9.7.2 version - same issue. It might be related to internet connection when Foxit Reader starts.

It takes 25-30s to open a file when I'm using VPN, but 1-2s (normal start) when the VPN is disconnected. Adobe cloud had similar issue with VPN, which can be fixed by changing the dns or default gateway (https://support.nordvpn.com/Connecti...to-NordVPN.htm).

However, change DNS/default gateway does not fix Foxit reader issue. I've tried to disable all features that require internet connection in Preferences - General, but no luck

Comment

joyolee ,For this situation,please help to write to [email protected] (Attn.Lisa) to request for the downloading link of internal version 10 of Foxit Reader to give it a try at your convenience and let us know the result.

Comment

Originally posted by Lisa_lee View Post
                            Dear All,regarding the Foxit Reader starts slowy issue,we need your help to update your Foxit PhantomPDF/Foxit Reader to our most current minor released version 9.7.2 to see if it could be launched quickly without delay? Following is link for downloading Foxit PhantomPDF v9.7.2 and Foxit Reader V9.7.2:
                            Foxit PhantomPDF:http://cdn01.foxitsoftware.com/produ...L10N_Setup.msi
                            Foxit Reader: http://cdn01.foxitsoftware.com/produ...L10N_Setup.msi
                            Please download one of them as needed and let us know the result.

Look forward to your reply.
                            joyolee I am sorry that it was my fault,I need to correct the information that I have mentioned above.
                            In fact,the V9.7.2 is just a security maintenance version for fixing security vulnerabilities,so it also doesn't rectify the "open Foxit slowly" issue yet.
                            That is the reason why you still encounter with the open slowly issue in V9.7.2.
                            For your current workaround,please do as follows to get around it:
                            http://sync-us.foxitsoftware.com/iss...Readerdlls.zip

Comment

Many thanks Lisa. The Foxit Reader open properly after replacing the two dll files.

Comment

Working...
                              X