Foxit Reader PDF Printer problems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi,

Thanks for checking! I can understand why the Foxit Reader PDF Printer might remember the setting for the same document which is printed more than once with Foxit Reader PDF Printer. But that is not what is happening.
    • I set the defaults for the Foxit Reader PDF Printer to High Quality+100% and save with the "Save as default" checkbox.
    • I then open an Excel spreadsheet (which has never been printed before with the Foxit Reader PDF Printer) and when the Excel print setting is set to: "Fit sheet on one page", the Foxit Reader PDF Printer Image Scaling is automatically changed (with no input from me) to 37% (for example).
    • I then open a Word document (which has never been printed before with the Foxit Reader PDF Printer) and the Foxit Reader PDF Printer are now High Quality+37%
    It looks like the Foxit Reader PDF Printer always uses the last settings used, and some applications will automatically change those settings with no input from the user.

Thanks,
    KnightAzul

Comment

KnightAzul

1) For converting Excel spreadsheet to PDF, if you change the scaling to "Fit Sheet on One Page", then the "Image Scaling" of Foxit Reader PDF Printer will be changed. Excel's print settings would affect the Image Scaling of Foxit Reader PDF Printer. So If you don't want the scaling to be 37%, you may change the Excel's settings from "Fit Sheet on One Page" to "No Scaling", then you'll see the Image Scaling turn into 100% by default.
      2) For converting Word to PDF, I'm wondering if you change any settings in the Word's Print dialog. If yes, please let us know what settings you've change.

Thank you.

Comment

Hi,
        Basically after Excel has changed the Foxit Reader PDF Printer Image scaling to 37% (for example, or whatever), this means that the Foxit Reader PDF Printer has that new Imaging scaling, instead of 100%, when printing from any other program, be it Word or any other. To answer your question: I am not changing any any settings in the Word's Print dialog.
        Thanks,
        KnightAzul
        Last edited by KnightAzul; 01-17-2020, 01:35 PM.

Comment

I really don't follow your answer and how it relates to the problems I am having with the Foxit Reader PDF printer.
          thanks you

Comment

KnightAzul

We're not able to reproduce what you mentioned on our side. Is it possible that you could record a small video that shows what's happening on your side so we could further check the problem? You may upload the video to cloud service then share the download link with us or you may email it as attachment then send it to [email protected]. Thank you.

Comment

havip

What problem did you encounter? Did you encounter the same problem as KnightAzul ? Which part did you not follow? Please let us know. Thank you.

Comment

KnightAzul

Update on "Report ID#QCPHANTOM-23148: Get "An unexpected error occurred while printing the file." when converting notepad++ .txt document using Convert to PDF in Foxit Reader "
                Current workaround,please do as follows to get around this issue:
                1. Download the registry file"Notepad++.reg" to import its data into your system registry. (Download link:https://pan.baidu.com/s/1Qq7ZHNkA4q7XeKEoXhvZeA pw: y5vf)
                2. Go to "Start"->"Run"-> input regedit -> find "HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Classes\Applicatio ns\n otepad++.exe\shell\open\command"
                Double click on the ‘default' item on the right pane to open the 'Edit String' little window,please copy the Notepad++ path information in the value data field. For example,the contents in the value data field in edit string window is shown as blow on my part(refer to screenshot:mine.jpg):
                "H:\Programs Files(x86)\Notepad++\notepad++.exe" "%1"
                I have to copy the following contents:
                "H:\Programs Files(x86)\Notepad++\notepad++.exe"
                3. Navigate to the following location in your registry editor:
                HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Classes\Applications\no tepad++.exe\shell\Print\command
                Double click on the ‘default' item on the right pane to open the 'Edit String' little window.Please paste the Notepad++ path information that you have copied in step 2 into the value data field to replace its original notepad++ path there.
                Please refer to screenshot: replace it.jpg.

Finally, please try to convert notepad++ .txt document using convert to PDF in Foxit Reader again, it should be converted into PDF file successfully.
                Attached Files

Comment

I'm terribly sorry for posting here but I have a similar problem and I'm wondering if you KnightAzul managed to resolve this issue

Comment

Dsuar2 Regarding the issue "Get "An unexpected error occurred while printing the file." when converting notepad++ .txt document using Convert to PDF in Foxit app",it has already been addresses in V10 of Foxit PhantomPDF. If you want to give Foxit PhantomPDF v10 a try,please download it fromFoxit Download Center below which will give you 14 free trial days: https://www.foxitsoftware.com/downloads/.
                    And we are sorry to inform you that the Foxit creator component really has been removed in the latest version 10 of Foxit Reader since our product marketing have redefined the purposes of Foxit Reader,it is mainly used to view and handle existing PDF files,so the creating PDFs feature was deleted.So please don't upgrade your Foxit Reader from V9 to V10 if you are using Foxit Reader and you still need to keep Foxit Reader PDF Printer retained.

For Foxit Reader v9 users,please do the following as current workaround to get around this issue:
                    1: Download Notepad++.zip from the link below and unzip it to get a registry file "Notepad++.reg",please ouble click on "Notepad++.reg" file to import its data into your system registry:
                    http://sync-us.foxitsoftware.com/iss.../Notepad++.zip
                    2:Go to "Start"->"Run"-> input regedit -> find "HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Classes\Applicatio ns\n otepad++.exe\shell\open\command"
                    Double click on the ‘default' item on the right pane to opn the 'Edit String' little window,please copy the Notepad++ path information in the value data field. For example,the contents in the value data field in edit string window is shown as blow on my part(refer to screenshot:mine.jpg):
                    "H:\Programs Files(x86)\Notepad++\notepad++.exe" "%1"
                    I have to copy the following contents:
                    "H:\Programs Files(x86)\Notepad++\notepad++.exe"
                    3:Navigate to the following location in your registry editor:
                    HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Classes\Applications\no tepad++.exe\shell\Print\command
                    Double click on the ‘default' item on the right pane to open the 'Edit String' little window.Please paste the Notepad++ path information that you have copied in step 2 into the value data field to replace its original notepad++ path there.
                    Please refer to screenshot:replace it.jpg.
                    Finally,please try to convert notepad++ .txt document using convert to PDF in Foxit Reader again,it should be converted into PDF file successfully.
                    Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                    X