X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• richell_huang
    replied
    Originally posted by bevhoward View Post
    >> .gif file is supported to be imported when we try to create a signature for PDF Sign. After uncheck "Convert to Black and White", did the PDF Sign work fine for you? <<

May I respectfully suggest that unchecking "Convert to Black and White" be the default to avoid frustrating users who use this feature.

A gif file which displays as blank is attached to the next message.

>> Regarding "Draw Signature", did you mean you'd like to be able to set the line width when you try to draw signature? Can you make a screenshot that shows why the default is essentially not usable so I could forward your request as suggestion to our Product team for evaluation and further processing? <<

As you can see the "draw signature" on the left is essentially unusable compared to the scanned signature on the right.

Beverly Howard

Wonderful forum you have... you ask for attachments and the forum allows it, then tells me that I am not allowed to attach files after I have done the work to meet your request. It's wasted too much of my time for no reason, I'll never use it again.
    I have reported it as suggestion to our PM team for future evaluation, suggestion ID:PHANTOM-13950, hope it will be considered so "Convert to Black and White" option can be set as default.
    And we are so sorry for the inconvenience. If it is convenient, would you mind sending us the screenshot to [email protected] and note 'Cherry attentions' as the subject so she will take care of it, thank you.

Leave a comment:

• bevhoward
    replied
    >> .gif file is supported to be imported when we try to create a signature for PDF Sign. After uncheck "Convert to Black and White", did the PDF Sign work fine for you? <<

May I respectfully suggest that unchecking "Convert to Black and White" be the default to avoid frustrating users who use this feature.

A gif file which displays as blank is attached to the next message.

>> Regarding "Draw Signature", did you mean you'd like to be able to set the line width when you try to draw signature? Can you make a screenshot that shows why the default is essentially not usable so I could forward your request as suggestion to our Product team for evaluation and further processing? <<

As you can see the "draw signature" on the left is essentially unusable compared to the scanned signature on the right.

Beverly Howard

Wonderful forum you have... you ask for attachments and the forum allows it, then tells me that I am not allowed to attach files after I have done the work to meet your request. It's wasted too much of my time for no reason, I'll never use it again.

Leave a comment:

• cherry
    replied
    bevhoward

.gif file is supported to be imported when we try to create a signature for PDF Sign. After uncheck "Convert to Black and White", did the PDF Sign work fine for you?

Regarding "Draw Signature", did you mean you'd like to be able to set the line width when you try to draw signature? Can you make a screenshot that shows why the default is essentially not usable so I could forward your request as suggestion to our Product team for evaluation and further processing?

Regarding the forum problem, it could be a temp glitch. If it happens again next time, is it possible to make a screenshot of the error you got and email to [email protected] so we could escalate the issue for further processing?

Thank you.

Leave a comment:

• bevhoward
    replied
    Windows 10

Foxit Version: 9.7.0.29455

However, I have determined that this version of Foxit has a problem with GIF files, specifically with zero information to help users with this option

As mentioned, I have been using multiple GIF signature files with Foxit for years with no problems.

When I ran a Foxit install on a new Win10 computer, it not only could not load my signature files, it gave the user zero information that could be useful after imports where executed, just blank white rectangles.

I then converted the GIF files to JPG and they loaded.

I then created a new GIF file (using IrfanView) with a signature, and Foxit displayed that one as an all black rectangle.

That was a clue... I went back to the load screen and finally realized that "convert to Black and white" was checked by default. Unchecking that allowed the gif files to load.

One additional note. When I was originally struggling with this, I tried to use Foxit's "Draw Signature" While that "works" it only records a single pixel width line that is essentially not usable.

Hope this info helps. Ask additional questions if you need more info.

Beverly Howard

fwiw, there is also a problem with this forum's server at the moment... threw "invalid server response" errors then logged me out in the middle of composing the above message.
    Last edited by bevhoward; 01-07-2020, 11:11 PM.

Leave a comment:

• amanda_liang
    replied
    bevhoward Hi Beverly Howard, sorry for the inconvenience. Can you please provide detailed information for reference?
    1. What's OS of your PC?
    2. What's version of Foxit reader installed?
    3. Did the issue occurred to all image files or particularly? if particularly, can you please send it to us for testing?
    4. Can you please make some screenshot pictures to show the issue?
    Refer to private information, you can send above info to us via email: [email protected]. We will make test and reply to you ASAP. thanks

Leave a comment:

• bevhoward
    started a topic Importing Signatures

Importing Signatures

I've been using "PDF Sign" (signature images) in Foxit Reader for years without problems.

I'm currently 2,200 miles from home with a new (Win 10) computer and have Foxit Reader installed and working, but, I cannot get my signature image (gif format) file to load into Foxit.

When I open "PDF Sign" I select "+" then "import file" then locate and select the image file, but, when I do so, I am taken back to the import option with nothing happened.

I suspect that it may be a file rights issue (I am logged in as admin) but I don't know where to look for files that might be locked.

I also tried "paste from clipboard" but that does not work either.

Thanks in advance for any help and guidance,
    Beverly Howard

ps, just tried to add an avatar image to my account and then I click my profile, the forum says that I am not authorized to access that page.
    Last edited by bevhoward; 01-01-2020, 09:42 PM.
Working...
X