Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How to remove and disable the "Share with friends" button?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to remove and disable the "Share with friends" button?

This is just a personal preference since I get very easily distracted so I wanted to remove all unnecessary visual stuff. What I trying to do is to remove the small little button on the top right section as seen in the screenshot below:
    Click image for larger version

Name:	Annotation 2020-01-11 042441.png
Views:	295
Size:	8.8 KB
ID:	175583
    I thought that this issue was comparable enough to the post below:That being said, I tried to download the XML Editor and tried to find the Option to disable it, but in vain. It would be really helpful is someone can help me find the Option to disable that button, since I never use it.

username331 To remove the "Share with friends" buttons with XML editor,please do as follows:
    1. Follow the article at this website: https://help.foxitsoftware.com/kb/xml-editor.php to download an appropriate XML Editor.
    2. Open XML Editor,click on "Interface" button to set Foxit Reader or Foxit PhantomPDF product based on which Foxit application you are using,
    go to Preferences tab, and change the version number in the Version box.The first 3 unique version numbers are required, for example,9.7.0
    3.Go to "Ribbon Set"tab,click on the "TabElements" to expand its items ,please check the option"Share with Friends" there. Then please click on "File" under the Ribbon options to expand its items,and check option "Share with Friends",click on Export to create an XML file. The default name would be “ProfStore.xml”.
    If you already have a ProfStore.xml file, import it by clicking on Import button before you do the above settins in XML editor.
    3. Distribute the XML file into “C:Program Files (x86)\Foxit Software\Foxit Reader\ProfStore”.
    4. Restart Foxit Reader, the "Share with friends" shall be disappeared.

Name:	1.png
Views:	392
Size:	26.9 KB
ID:	175610

Name:	2.png
Views:	209
Size:	27.7 KB
ID:	175611
    You are also able to disable it with one of the following methods:
    The first method:
    Use GPO (for Admins)
    If you typically use GPO templates to define what settings will be affected, you can use GPO template to remove "Share with friends"buttons .
    1:Refer to this article (https://help.foxitsoftware.com/kb/av...-templates.php) to download an appropriate file that matches with your current program version
    2:Once you have the GPO template set in place, implement the following steps.
    Open Group Policy Editor, go to Computer or User Configuration -> Administrative Templates -> Classic Administrative Templates (ADM) -> Foxit PhanotomPDF 9.0/Foxit Reader 9.0 -> click on "Ribbon">"TabElements"there ->double click on "Share with Friend",then check the option Enable -> click on Ok to apply the change.
    Then click on "Ribbon">"RibbonCategory">"File">"Main Panel",->double click on "Share with Friend",then check the option Enable -> click on Ok to apply the change.

Name:	3.png
Views:	200
Size:	46.2 KB
ID:	175612

Name:	4.png
Views:	198
Size:	41.7 KB
ID:	175613
    The second method:
    Use MST file with MSI Installer (for Admins)
    If you want to remove "share with friends"feature when deploying MSI installer file, you can use the MST file to implement it.
    1. Follow the article at this page: https://help.foxitsoftware.com/kb/av...tion-tools.php to download Foxit Customization Tool (FCT).
    2. Run FCT, click on the open button on the top left corner to bring up a open dialog box to navigate to select the appropriate MSI installer package.
    3. Under the "Ribbon Set" tab in FCT,please check options"Share with Friends" under TabSelements and "File>Main Panel".
    4. Everything is done, click on the save button on the top corner in FCT to save current settings as .mst file.
    5. Use the following command to apply MST file
    msiexec /i Setup.msi TRANSFORMS=xxx.mst

Name:	5.png
Views:	198
Size:	63.5 KB
ID:	175614

Comment

Thank you very much for the comprehensive guide. The first method solved it very well.

Comment

Working...
      X