Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Preferences ane not saved after closing in macos

Hello,
    I'm running foxit reader on a macos. Whenever I make any change in preferences and reopen the reader at a later time all the preferences are reset to default. Even the page I assume is only showed on the first run on a machine is shown every time I open a new document (screenshot attached). Is it a known bug? Any workaround?

Click image for larger version  Name:	Screen Shot 2020-01-12 at 10.33.02.png Views:	0 Size:	693.7 KB ID:	175598
    Attached Files

jowey ,I apologize for the trouble.Regarding this situation you mentioned,we still need your help to to provide with us the following information for further analysis:
    1:Your MAC os informatrion.
    2:Which version of Foxit Reader are you using?
    Look forward to your reply.

Comment

Hi,
      I am using MacOS Catalina 10.15.2
      Foxit Reader 3.4.0.1012

Comment

jowey ,Thanks for your quick response.This situation you mentioned has been submitted to our internal bug tracking system for our QA and Dev team to do further investigation with report ID#MACLNX-7116,we will keep you informed for any progress about this issue.

Comment

I just wanted to state that I am experiencing the same issue, with the same macOS and Foxit Reader software versions.

The software keeps and follows the preferences when I open new documents while it is still open, but as soon as I CMD+Q to close it, as jowey mentioned, it redisplays the first splash screen, and the preferences are forgotten.

Thanks.

Comment

mattagc

Sorry for the trouble.Your case has been added to the case(MACLNX-7116), any updates, I will keep you posted.

Comment

mattagc jowey ,Regarding the issue you mentioned in this thread,our QA team still need your help to give us the permission of your existing login account(administrator or normal user account) on your MAC system . Did you install Foxit Reader when you acessed your computer with your existing login account?

Comment

mattagc jowey ,For this issue "All settings includes the settings in Preferences ane not saved after closing in macos" you reported, firstly our QA team still need your help to give us the permission of your existing login account(administrator or normal user account) on your MAC system . Did you install Foxit Reader when you acessed your computer with your existing login account?
                If you already installed Foxit under admin account,please help to uninstall Foxit application from your computer and delete this 【Foxit Software】folder which is under the following location:
                【/Users/[current username]/Library/Application Support/】
                Then try to reinstall Foxit application again to see if it helps? If the issue still persists in the new installation,please help to use the licecap tool to generate an animated gif that shows your whole process:
                https://download.cnet.com/LICEcap/30...-75984664.html

Comment

Working...
                X