Preferences ane not saved after closing in macos

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by pepepopo74 View Post
    Thanks for the reply. Are you saying that QA can't reproduce this issue even though many users are experiencing it? What version of Foxit Reader are they running and on what MacOS version?

I've attached a gif. The gif clearly shows that I went to Preferences, File Associations and unselected 'Always perform check ..."

I then exited the app and when I checked Preferences, File Associations the option is checked again.

This is happening across other options. Preferences, Accessibility is another one as is Preferences, Documents, Allow multiple instances.
    +1

Exactly the same here.
    Foxit Reader 3.4.0.1012 on macOS 10.15.4.

Comment

pepepopo74 ,Thanks for sending us the gif file to show us the whole process you have done. I have sent it to our QA team already.
      In addition,please help to write to [email protected] (Attn.Lisa) to request for an internal major upgrade version of Foxit Reader for MAC to help us to verify if the settings will be saved or not?

Comment

Hi, I'm having the exact same problem with macOS Catalina 10.15.5 and Foxit Reader 4.0.0.0430, but this has happened to me with v3.4 and previous versions of Catalina.
        I'm the only user of this PC and I've installed and deleted Foxit many times over again (including the Application Support folder) to no avail.

Comment

HinoMusouka ,We apologize for the trouble.Firstly,please help to delete the following .plist file from your system to see if it helps:
          /Users/[current username]/Library/Preferences/com.foxit-software.Foxit Reader.plist
          If the issue still persists,please help to porivde with us the following information:
          1:Please describe the phenomenon of the problem on your computer in details with some illustrated screenshots.
          2:Have you installed any older version of Foxit Reader for MAC before you installed the newest V4.0? If so,please give us the version number of older Foxit Reader that you have installed before.

Look forward to your reply.

Comment

Hi Lisa,
            Deleting the .plist file did the trick. Thank so much. I actually mostly needed the function the restore the previously opened PDFs, so having the preferences saved again is such a time saving. I'm really grateful.
            Just to let you know before v4.0 I had v.3.4 I think and it had the same problem. I was upgrading in place without removing v3.4 first.
            Once again many thanks.

Comment

jowey mattagc streetlamphugger pepepopo74 For the issue "All Foxit Reader for MAC settings includes the settings in Preferences ane not saved after closing",please help to remove existing old version of Foxit Reader if you are still using the latest version 4.0 of Foxit Reader and then install the latest version of Foxit Reader for MAC 4.0 by downloading it from the link below:
              https://cdn01.foxitsoftware.com/pub/...r400.setup.pkg
              Then please delete the following .plist file from your system to see if it helps:
              /Users/[current username]/Library/Preferences/com.foxit-software.Foxit Reader.plist

Any result,please let us know.

Comment

Originally posted by HinoMusouka View Post
                Hi Lisa,
                Deleting the .plist file did the trick. Thank so much. I actually mostly needed the function the restore the previously opened PDFs, so having the preferences saved again is such a time saving. I'm really grateful.
                Just to let you know before v4.0 I had v.3.4 I think and it had the same problem. I was upgrading in place without removing v3.4 first.
                Once again many thanks.
                HinoMusouka ,Thanks for informing us the result. The issue should be caused by the residual configuration file (.plist) of Foxit Reader for MAC V3,so issue could be resolved after you having removed the .plist file.

Comment

Originally posted by Lisa_lee View Post
                  jowey mattagc streetlamphugger pepepopo74 For the issue "All Foxit Reader for MAC settings includes the settings in Preferences ane not saved after closing",please help to remove existing old version of Foxit Reader if you are still using the latest version 4.0 of Foxit Reader and then install the latest version of Foxit Reader for MAC 4.0 by downloading it from the link below:
                  https://cdn01.foxitsoftware.com/pub/...r400.setup.pkg
                  Then please delete the following .plist file from your system to see if it helps:

Any result,please let us know.
                  Lisa_lee Solved. Thank you for the follow up!

Comment

streetlamphugger Thanks for informing us to let know that the issue got fixed already. Any further questions or concerns,please post a new thread or write to [email protected] any time.

Comment

I think there are some error in many ways different readers also foxit reader personally i like .Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by CatherineRomero View Post
                        I think there are some error in many ways different readers also foxit reader personally i like .Thanks
                        Thank you for your support. If you have any issues, please feel free to post here or contact us by emailing to [email protected], thank you.

Comment

Working...
                        X