Foxit Reader Windows 10 taskbar popup has no menu

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Foxit Reader Windows 10 taskbar popup has no menu

There no menu for the mini popup from the Windows 10 taskbar. For any other program, e.g. Firefox, I hover over it on the Windows 10 taskbar, a little image of the window pops up, I right-click on the image, and I get a menu with several choices, including Move. I can select Move, tap a cursor key, and move the Firefox window around. So if the Firefox window is somewhere I can't see it, I can easily grab it and move it.

For Foxit Reader when I hover over it, the mini popup shows up, but when I right-click on the image, the popup just vanishes. There's no menu. There's no option to select Move. Nothing.

I work with multiple computers on multiple monitors, and often the monitor that Foxit Reader is on is viewing a different computer, and there's no way to move it without changing the monitor, moving the window, then changing the monitor back. Every other program I use lets move lets me right-click on the taskbar mini popup, it's only Foxit that doesn't support that ability. I run into this issue a lot, and it's very frustrating that there's no menu, and no way to move the window if it's somewhere I can't see it.

(I should add, in case it matters, that I mouse left-handed. So when I say right-click, that's actually the left mouse button for me. But it's the right button for most people.)

ZenBeam ,We apologize for any difficulty using Foxit Reader.The issue you mentioned still can not replicated on our part. We suggest you try to perform a fresh installation to install the latest version 9.7.1 of Foxit Reader to see if it helps? Please do as follows:
    1) Please make sure you've closed all Foxit Reader related programs (IE, Firefox...) then go to "Control Panel"->"Add/Remove Programs" to uninstall Foxit Reader;
    Go to "Start"->"Run"-> input regedit -> find "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Foxit Software\ Foxit Reader 9.0" and "HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Foxit Software\ Foxit Reader 9.0" to delete the whole folder of Foxit Reader 9.0;
    2) Download a newest version of Foxit Reader 9.7.1 from the link below´╝Ü
    http://cdn01.foxitsoftware.com/produ...etup_Clean.exe
    and install it.

Finally,please try to give the new installation a try and let us know the result.

Comment

I uninstalled version 9.7.0, and removed "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Foxit Software\Foxit Reader" and "HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Foxit Software\Foxit Reader 9.0" from the registry. I didn't remove "HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Foxit Software\Foxit PDF Creator" because that wasn't mentioned.

I installed 9.7.1, selecting all the default choices. But it still behaves he same. Right-clicking on the mini popup doesn't bring up a menu. I also tried switching to a right-handed mouse, but that didn't change the behavior.

Comment

ZenBeam

I can also reproduce the problem you mentioned on my side and have escalated the issue to Foxit internal bug tracking system for processing. Report ID#: QCPHANTOM-23274. When the issue been solved, we'll update here. Or you may email to [email protected] any time with this Report ID# to track the processing status.

Thank you.

Comment

Thank you.

Comment

Working...
          X