Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Foxit for MacOS

Hi FoxIt

I am a big user of your Foxit reader software. But I have noticed some small things when I moved from the windows version to the mac version.
    1. First and most importantly. When you make a note on Mac, it is not possible to select all and copy the text written in the note. This is very frustrating when you want to write something in notes and then copy that to a separate document later.
    2. Foxit reader on Mac does not save your preferences when you close the program. Next time you open Foxit Reader then the preferences will have reset and it will show the guide as if you just opened the program for the first time.
    I hope that you can make these small improvements quickly, as it would increase the user-experience on mac a lot :-)

Best regards

FoxItMac,We apologize for any difficulty using Foxit Software. For the issue "Foxit reader on Mac does not save your preferences when you close the program." that you mentioned in the second point,it has been submitted to our internal bug tracking system for our QA team to do further investigation with report ID#MACLNX-7116.We will keep you informed for any updates about this issue or you may also write back to [email protected] with this report ID#MACLNX-7116 to track its processing status in the future.
    Regarding the issue that you referred in the first point,we need to know that how you usually copied texts within note in Foxit Reader for windows and how it doesn't work in Foxit Reader for MAC on your part in more details with some illustrated screeenshots. We also need to know your specific MAC operating system information and the version number of Foxit Reader for MAC you are using. Look forward to your reply.

Comment

Thank you for the fast answer. It is much appreciated.

Mac operating system: MacOS Catalina version 10.15.2
      Foxit reader version: 3.4.0.1012

I simply make a note as in the screenshot below.
      Click image for larger version

Name:	Skærmbillede 2020-01-29 kl. 10.53.30.png
Views:	219
Size:	62.5 KB
ID:	176063
      Then I select the text and try to copy it with Cmd+C. That does not work. I cannot paste that text with Cmd+V afterwards.

I hope that makes sense.

Comment

FoxItMac ,Thanks for your response.I have also submitted the issue "It is not possible to select all and copy the text written in the note" to our internal bug tracking system with report ID#MACLNX-7172.We will keep you informed for any progress about this issue.

Comment

FoxItMac ,For the issue "It is not possible to select all and copy the text written in the note" ,our Dev team have already work out the the issue,the fix will be applied in our next release version of Foxit Reader for MAC.
          Regarding another issue "Foxit reader on Mac does not save your preferences when you close the program. Next time you open Foxit Reader then the preferences will have reset and it will show the guide as if you just opened the program for the first time",our QA team still need your help to give us the permission of your existing login account(administrator or normal user account) on your MAC system . Did you install Foxit Reader when you acessed your computer with your existing login account?
          Look forward to your reply.

Comment

Yes I just installed FoxIt Reader from my usual account that is an admin account. Does that answer your question or did you need more information?

Comment

Originally posted by FoxItMac View Post
              Yes I just installed FoxIt Reader from my usual account that is an admin account. Does that answer your question or did you need more information?
              FoxItMac Thanks for your response.I have passed the information you sent on to QA team already,they will further work on it and I will keep you informed once there is any new progress.

Comment

I have another thing that I would like to suggest. Just as mentioned above the general preferences resets, but the preferences for the Typewriter also resets over time. I like to have my typewriter notes in red, but the preferences seems to reset after some time (after 5-10 typewriter notes) to the default color blue. I am not aware of a way to set the defaults for the Typewriter so that they stay permanently.

I would also like to suggest an additional feature. The ability to write math notes in the PDF so that you do not have to use a separate program for writing down the math notes. The ability to use LaTeX math for example, it would be a nice and very helpful additional feature.

Comment

FoxItMac Thanks for your post.To set a default color for your typewriter comments,please do as follows:
                  Open the Properties dialog box by one of the following steps:
                  A) Right-click the typewriter comment, and choose Properties from the context menu.
                  B) Click Options in the comment pop-up window, and choose Properties.
                  C) Change the color in the Properties dialog box and CHECK "Set Current Properties as Default" option to set the current properties as the default.

For the additional feature you referred,I have submitted the suggestion "Support to add mathematical formula" to our product management team's reference with suggestion ID#
                  MACLNX-7544.

Comment

Originally posted by Lisa_lee View Post

FoxItMac Thanks for your response.I have passed the information you sent on to QA team already,they will further work on it and I will keep you informed once there is any new progress.
                    FoxItMac ,For this issue "All settings includes the settings in Preferences ane not saved after closing in macos" you reported,please help to uninstall Foxit application from your computer and delete this 【Foxit Software】folder which is under the following location:
                    【/Users/[current username]/Library/Application Support/】
                    Then try to reinstall Foxit application again to see if it helps? If the issue still persists in the new installation,please help to use the licecap tool to generate an animated gif that shows your whole process:
                    https://download.cnet.com/LICEcap/30...-75984664.html

Look forward to your reply.

Comment

As you can see in the uploaded GIF, I open some random research paper and Foxit Reader opens like it is the first time with the opening tips. Then I go in preferences and change the page display to "Fit page" instead of the standard "Fit width" and then I close the program. Then I try and re-open the program with the same research article and it opens like it is the first time again with the starting tips and the preferences have been reset.

The problem with the typewriter also persists, none of your three posted solutions work or can be done.

Comment

FoxItMac ,Thanks for your response and recorded the gif file for us. I have already sent the gif file to our QA team for them to take a closer look at .I will keep you informed again once there is any new progress about this issue.

Comment

Working...
                        X