I can't save the same file without creating another pdf

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I can't save the same file without creating another pdf

Hi everybody, i've been using Foxit Reader for some time, but i came across a problem with the save functions.
    Usually after reading, underlining and highlighting the file i would just close and it would keep those changes in the same archive, but now its creating another file everytime i do that process.
    Example: Reading file "A" and after saving it there is a file "~~$A" in the same folder.
    I already tried using "save" and "save as", but it creates a new file even when i type the same name.
    I always saved documents automatically just by exiting, this issue happened after i tried to save without exiting.
    My version is Foxit Reader 9.1

Rennan Santana Sorry for the problem you encountered with Foxit reader. Could you please kindly perform a fresh re-installation as following and try again
    1) Please make sure you've closed all Foxit reader related programs (IE, Firefox...) then go to "Control Panel"->"Add/Remove Programs" to uninstall Foxit reader;
    Go to "Start"->"Run"-> input regedit -> find "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Foxit Software\ Foxit reader 9.0" and "HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Foxit Software\ Foxit reader 9.0" to delete the whole folder of Foxit reader 9.0;
    2) Install the latest version 9.7 of Foxit reader. Please download the installer from the link below:
    http://cdn01.foxitsoftware.com/produ...etup_Clean.exe
    Finally, please give the new installation a try and let us know the result. Thanks

Comment

Thank you for the answer. I tried those steps, installed again but it didn't work.... I am using a notebook, don't know if it has something to do with it.

Comment

Please download “UnReader.rar” from the link http://sync-us.foxitsoftware.com/iss/Tools/unReader.rar , unzip it, make sure these two files “MsiZap.exe” and “unreader.exe” are in the same folder, then run “unreader.exe” directly to uninstall Foxit Reader. Some command lines will be run in the command prompt. After it is finished, please try to install version 9.7 from the link Amanda sent to you.

Btw, sometimes the antivirus/malware software may block this trace remover, you may first turn off/exit the antivirus/malware software.

Comment

I downloaded the file, had both in the same folder, then tried to open it but nothing happened. So i tried to restart the notebook and try again, even running those two files as adminstrator.
          I did that but no results in trying to open "unreader.exe" or "MsiZap.exe", then i uninstalled foxit with Ccleaner (It doesn't seems to be different from just uninstalling from the control panel). I don't know what happened, but even without running anything by clicking unreader.exe it worked.
          I opened some books and did some underlinig and the duplication is no longer happening.
          Thanks, Richell and Amanda

Comment

Originally posted by Rennan Santana View Post
            I downloaded the file, had both in the same folder, then tried to open it but nothing happened. So i tried to restart the notebook and try again, even running those two files as adminstrator.
            I did that but no results in trying to open "unreader.exe" or "MsiZap.exe", then i uninstalled foxit with Ccleaner (It doesn't seems to be different from just uninstalling from the control panel). I don't know what happened, but even without running anything by clicking unreader.exe it worked.
            I opened some books and did some underlinig and the duplication is no longer happening.
            Thanks, Richell and Amanda
            Thank you for your update, and I am happy to know it is working now.

Comment

I had the same problem exactly. I went to windows, control panel, click Appearance, click Folder Options, click Appearance Hidden Files, where
              we tell the computer how to appear or not the hidden files. So, there, there are 3 places: General, Show, and Search. To ALL of them I clicked to set back the default settings. And the problem seemed solved for 1-2 hours!!!!! But, after that time, it does this again!!
              Last edited by hrisantonis; 03-09-2020, 03:15 PM.

Comment

hrisantonis ,We apologize for the trouble.Firstly,please help to install our internal version 9.7.1 of Foxit Reader by downloading it from the link below if you are not using the most current version:
                http://cdn09.foxitsoftware.com/produ...etup_Clean.exe
                If the issue still persists,please help to provide with us the following information:
                1:Your OS information(E.g.windows10x64bit).
                2:Where are those PDF files that cannot be saved? They are some local PDF files or PDF files on mapped drive?
                3:Please help to use the licecap tool to generate an animated gif that shows us how you could replicate such issue on your part and how you could get around this problem temporarily:
                http://sync-us.foxitsoftware.com/iss/Tools/LICEcap.zip
                (Unzip it, then double-click on licecap file, you can then specify the recording area then hit "Record", it requires naming the file first then start recording.)

Look forward to your reply.

Comment

Working...
                X