Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is there a way to stop Foxit from auto opening a downloaded file?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is there a way to stop Foxit from auto opening a downloaded file?

Whenever I download a file, Foxit automatically opens the file, which is rather annoying when I need to download multiple files. How can I change this?

crystaldragons ,Did you use sarafi browser for downloading PDF files on MacOS system? If so,you have to disable the 'Open safe files after downloading' feature in the Safari web browser to get around this situation you mentioned.

To disable the "Open Safe Files" setting on a Mac through Safari's preferences on a MacOS computer:
    1:Open Safari on your Mac.
    2:Click the Safari menu and select Preferences.
    Note:You can also open the preferences by pressing Command/Ctrl-comma (,) on your keyboard.
    3:Click the General tab.
    4:Clear the Open "safe" files after downloading checkbox.
    5:Close the window to save your setting.

If the situation you mentioned is not what I said,please help to provide with us the following information:
    1:Your OS information.
    2:Which Foxit application are you usingļ¼ŸPlease also check its version number for us.
    3:Please help to describe how you downloaded the PDF files?
    4:We need to know that the other format documents will also be opened automatically after being downloaded or not?

Look forward to your reply.

Comment

Thanks for getting back to me.

No, I'm using Windows 10. I've tried disabling the open option in Google Chrome, but it still opens automatically.

Comment

1:Your OS information: Windows 10
        2:Which Foxit application are you usingļ¼ŸPlease also check its version number for us. Foxit Reader
        3:Please help to describe how you downloaded the PDF files? Doesn't matter where I download from, could be Slack or Google Chrome, the files auto open
        4:We need to know that the other format documents will also be opened automatically after being downloaded or not? Word/excelpowerpoint documents do not auto-open

Comment

crystaldragons ,Actually,Foxit Reader do not have any setting for controlling the program to automatically open or not open the downloaded PDF files. Normally,our Foxit Reader won't open the downloaded PDF files unless if there is some other setting in your browser or system which trigger Foxit to open files.
          Would you please help to set other application as your system's default PDF viewer. For example,you may choose to set Microsoft edge as your system's default PDF viewer temporarily.
          Then please try to download PDF files to see whether they will be opened automatically in Microsoft edge or not?

Comment

Working...
          X