Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• crash Foxit Reader crashes in Ubuntu 16.04

Hi,

I have been using Foxit Reader smoothly.

It has however stopped working.

When I run Foxit Reader alone it crashes immediately.
    When I open a PDF-file with Foxit Reader it crashes after a few seconds.

I have tried unistaller and installed a fresh version. But the behavior is the same.

I am not sure, but I think this has happened after I updated my Ubuntu 16.04 with recent updates.

Can you help me in this case?

BR
    Reza

reza ,We apologize for the inconvenience.Unfortunately, our existing version of Foxit Reader has already been discontinued. Our product management team plan to redesign a brand-new version of Foxit Reader for Linux which is based on our existing Foxit Reader for windows desktop. That will be a substitute version of current one.

Currently,we suggest you try out our Foxit Reader for windows if you have another device which run windows OS(windows 7,windows8 or windows 10). Please download it from our official download center below:
    https://www.foxitsoftware.com/downloads/

Any further questions or concerns,please contact us any time.

Comment

I have installed Foxit Reader for Windows on Ubuntu 19.10 using Wine, and I do not like it that much as Foxit Reader for Linux. The font in the interface is too small, and the ribbon too loaded. Commenting tools—the main reason I prefer Foxit Reader to other PDF readers—are all crumped in a small section in the Comments ribbon. Then it happens that I switch to the Comments ribbon, do some text markup (e.g. replace), add text in the popup note and, when I return to the text, the ribbon has change its status on its own. So, the commenting experience is not that good as in old Foxit Reader for Linux.

Comment

rmorales ,Firstly,please help to install the latest version of Foxit Reader 9.7.1 by downloading it from the link below:
        http://cdn01.foxitsoftware.com/produ...etup_Clean.exe
        If the issues you mentioned still persist,for this situation"The font in the interface is too small, and the ribbon too loaded",please help to give us the windows OS information (e.g. windows10x64bit) and System resolution in the wine. Please take a screenshot of the interface you mentioned for us to take a closer look at first.

For the second situation"Commenting tools—the main reason I prefer Foxit Reader to other PDF readers—are all crumped in a small section in the Comments ribbon.
        Then it happens that I switch to the Comments ribbon, do some text markup (e.g. replace), add text in the popup note and, when I return to the text, the ribbon has change its status on its own.
        So, the commenting experience is not that good as in old Foxit Reader for Linux. " you mentioned,I am sorry that I am not clear about the situation you mentioned.Would you please help to use the licecap tool to generate an animated gif that shows your whole process:
        http://sync-us.foxitsoftware.com/iss/Tools/LICEcap.zip
        (Unzip it, then double-click on licecap file, you can then specify the recording area then hit "Record", it requires naming the file first then start recording.)

Look forward to your reply.

Comment

Working...
        X