Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Foxit creates a second PDF file when i add a highlight.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Foxit creates a second PDF file when i add a highlight.

When i use the marker in a PDF files and save it, Foxit creates a second PDF file, i don't know why this happen, i want to remove this feature or whatever it is.
    Teoria_da_Literatura_I_Vol1 is the original file, ~~$Teoria_da_Literatura_I_Vol1 is the file created by Foxit.

Hi Gloewe,

This sounds very strange as the software does not have the function and all the changes you make are supposed to be saved to the original file. Could you provide us below information to debug the issue?
    1 Version number of Foxit Reader you are using. You could find the verison number under Help -- About Foxit Reader.
    2 Does the issue occur on all pdf files you worked with?
    3 Where is the file in the screenshot saved?
    4 Version of your operating system.
    5 How did you open the file in Foxit?

Comment

Originally posted by Doris Wang View Post
      Hi Gloewe,

This sounds very strange as the software does not have the function and all the changes you make are supposed to be saved to the original file. Could you provide us below information to debug the issue?
      1 Version number of Foxit Reader you are using. You could find the verison number under Help -- About Foxit Reader.
      2 Does the issue occur on all pdf files you worked with?
      3 Where is the file in the screenshot saved?
      4 Version of your operating system.
      5 How did you open the file in Foxit?
      1 - Versão: 9.7.1.29511
      2 - All PDF files.
      3 - In the documents folder but it happens in any folder.
      4 - Windows 7 Ultimate 2009 SP1 64bit
      5 - I just click it.

Comment

gloewe ,Normally,there would be a “~~$FILENAME" Temp File created when user make some changes in PDF file,then the “~~$FILENAME" Temp File will deleted automatically after the PDF file is saved completely.
        According to the situation you mentioned,it means that the temp file was not deleted on your part.For this situation,we need to know the location of those PDF files.Are they some PDF files on the network drive(such as dropbox)?
        If the answer is 'Yes',this is a known situation which has been submitted to our internal bug tracking system with report ID#QCPHANTOM-23390.
        If the answer is 'No',please let us know and we will ask you to provide with us more information.

Look forward to your reply.

Comment

Originally posted by Lisa_lee View Post
          gloewe ,Normally,there would be a “~~$FILENAME" Temp File created when user make some changes in PDF file,then the “~~$FILENAME" Temp File will deleted automatically after the PDF file is saved completely.
          According to the situation you mentioned,it means that the temp file was not deleted on your part.For this situation,we need to know the location of those PDF files.Are they some PDF files on the network drive(such as dropbox)?
          If the answer is 'Yes',this is a known situation which has been submitted to our internal bug tracking system with report ID#QCPHANTOM-23390.
          If the answer is 'No',please let us know and we will ask you to provide with us more information.

Look forward to your reply.
          The file isn't saved on a dropbox folder, i have tested in other folders and with different pdfs and the same thing always happens, this second file is created but isn't deleted. But this problem doesn't happen when i edit a file saved on a pen drive.

I just made another test and this problem doesn't happen with Acrobat Reader.
          Last edited by gloewe; 04-14-2020, 08:16 PM.

Comment

gloewe

Your case has been submitted to our team for further investigation.Please help to download the attachment and save into your desktop then highlight the file to check if you get the same issue.
            If yes, where is the ~~$ temp file saved? Can you make the screenshot to show the location of the temp file?

In addition, can we create a remote session with you Via Teamviewer? If yes,would you please email us your available time and your location to [email protected] with the subject "Lyndi Atten"?Thanks.

Attached Files

Comment

lyndi_wu The problem doesn't happen with the test file.

Comment

gloewe

Where are there two pdf files saved? Teoria_da_Literatura_I_Vol1 and ~~$Teoria_da_Literatura_I_Vol1, please let me know its detailed location.

Please help to send us the pdf file which has the issue for further test,if it is inconvenient to upload here, you may email the PDF document to [email protected]. Thank you in advance.

Comment

lyndi_wu

I just found what the problem was, Avast was causing this problem, when i disabled it foxit was able to delete the secondary file

Comment

gloewe

May I have the detailed name and version of Avast you are using?

Comment

I'm having the exact same issue and Google search brought me here. I too have Avast Free Antivirus installed, and its version is the 20.7.2425 (build 20.6.5495.599). I'm on my laptop running Microsoft Windows Home 10.0.18363 build 18363.

I've tried adding some notes to your test.pdf but no ~~$ was created (C:\Users\User\Desktop), not even while the file was opened.

In addition, when I close and re-open all pdfs (test.pdf included) the text in notes gets back to its default text size (e.g. from Arial 14 to Arial 9). Don't know if this is related, but worth mentioning.

Hope it helps
                      Matteo

Comment

matteo8

I have added your comment to our team. Do you get the same issue if turn off Avast program?

The size for notes text is changed, because the setting in File>Preferences>Commenting.

Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by lyndi_wu View Post

I have added your comment to our team. Do you get the same issue if turn off Avast program?
                          No, the issue completely disappears while Avast is turned off. I can't even see the ~~$ while the pdf is being modified, not before nor after saving it.
                          Now that Avast has been reactivated the issue reappeared. There is a clear interference between the two.

Originally posted by lyndi_wu View Post
                          The size for notes text is changed, because the setting in File>Preferences>Commenting.
                          Thanks for this, it worked.

Comment

Working...
                          X