No announcement yet.

Foxit PDF printer gone after Foxit Reader upgrade

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ymarkone Thanks for your feedback. We've updated to Report ID#PHANTOM-14556 for Product team's processing reference. If you'd like to keep with Foxit Reader 10.0 and install a sperate Foxit PDF printer, please email to [email protected] for more info;
    melissaa1a Thanks for your feedback as well. Your comment has also been updated to Report ID#PHANTOM-14556 for Product team's processing reference.

Thank you again for you guys' understanding.

Comment

Originally posted by lyndi_wu View Post
      About the custom installation issue, the shell extension is preview and thumbnail handle, so it still exists, but what's office plugins you get? I tried to reinstall Foxit Reader, but do not get the option, see the attachment.
      I installed the latest release and this is no longer an issue. Last time I did the install, I think there were additional options for shell extensions and office plugins. There was also an option to set Foxit as the default printer. Those have been removed, and everything looks correct now. Thanks for the follow up.

Comment

I want to install Foxit Reader Printer only separate from Foxit Reader, how to do it? Mod, SMod?

Comment

longhai2411 ,Version 9.7 is the last version of Foxit Reader which has Foxit Creator component included. To install Foxit Reader with Foxit Reader PDF Printer contained,please download and install Foxit Reader V9.7.2 from this link.
          Last edited by Lisa_lee; 07-06-2020, 12:24 PM.

Comment

The topic is about the Foxit PDF printer gone after Foxit Reader upgrade which is looking good thanks for the good post i will help you for the screenshot source

Comment

I can not believe that some people are still telling others to go back to an older version of FoxIT reader to get the PDF printer. If you are using Windows 10 simply use the Microsoft PDF printer driver built into Windows 10. If that is not sufficient then look for other stand-alone PDF printer drivers or PDF readers which have this capability.

When FoxiT PDF reader has security exploits as PDF readers from a variety of companies are bound to have and that is hopefully patched via an update will there still be recommendations to install 9.7 of FoxIT PDF reader? I sure the heck hope not.

Comment

Originally posted by JustaFoxitUser View Post
                Well, that's a nail in the coffin. I only ended up using Foxit because of its PDF printing.

I think it's very revealing how they stealthily removed it without any regard of the impact. Why on earth would I trust Foxit again in the future? I'm not a glutton for punishment.
                Nice

Comment

pcguy

Your feedback has been added to Feedback ID#PHANTOM-14556 as well. Thank you.

Comment

Originally posted by amanda_liang View Post
                    JustaFoxitUser There is notification when user upgrade Foxit to latest version 10 and the related information also shown in Foxit website: https://www.foxitsoftware.com/pdf-re...on-history.php
                    Hope you can understand.
                    The notification was not visible BEFORE i upgraded to v10! Those updates just come flying in and you click yes to get it over with. If they are going to remove a major function like PDF printing, then they should have a huge modal window that opens before you do the update! I see Moderator Lisa says there was a notification protocol, but I have to tell you, it wasn't part of my experience!! I really want to have that feature back, please, please, please!. If you removed it to push people to another version of Foxit... kinda creepy business practices. Thanks for listening.

Ivy Fasko

Comment

ifasko

I've updated your feedback to Feedback ID#PHANTOM-14556 for Product team's reference. Thank you.

Comment

Please bring back Creating PDF pack.I missing create from scanner and pdf print options!Any browser can open pdf files.

Comment

Nova sorry for the inconvenience. I have forwarded your feedback to our team for checking by ID#PHANTOM-14556, thanks

Comment

Working...
                          X