Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is there a 64-bit Foxit Reader version for Windows 10?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is there a 64-bit Foxit Reader version for Windows 10?

I was going though the Program Files folder on my computer and I discovered that the Foxit Reader which is installed on my PC is a 32-bit software.
    Is there any reason why a 64-bit version is not available as of now? Otherwise, does Foxit plan to release a 64-bit PDF Reader in the future or?

username331

Sorry, currently we only have a 32-bit Foxit Reader, but it can be installed 64-bit system and 32-bit system.

Comment

Thank you for your quick response.
      As a matter of fact, 32-bit softwares can be installed on a 64-bit system. Nevertheless, that is somewhat very limited. Can I make this thread count as a feature request? I would really be interested to see a 64-bit of Foxit in the future releases.

Comment

What is the limitation do you mean? Could you please describe it in detail so we can forward to our product team for future evaluation and consideration, thank you.

Comment

I just switched to Foxit Reader as Adobe Reader was no longer working with FileMaker Pro to display PDF images. Installing Foxit and that resolved the issue. However I am concerned going forward. Filemaker is 64-bit and normally interacting programs have to be 64bit as well. A 64-bit version does need to be deployed.

Comment

Originally posted by richell_huang View Post
            What is the limitation do you mean? Could you please describe it in detail so we can forward to our product team for future evaluation and consideration, thank you.
            Since literally all new computers are shipped with 64-bit CPUs, it is beneficial to shift writing programs into 64-bit in order to fully leverage the benefits of 64-bit hardware. If you are using 64 bit operating system and install software of 64 bit, you can up-front notice the increase in performance. The advantage of having a 64-bit application is that it can access much more memory and perform 64-bit register operations (Performing a 64-bit operation on a 64-bit operating system is faster than performing it on a 32-bit operating system - it would take at least 2 32-bit operations to perform the same thing).

Comment

Thank you for your explanation, I will forward your feedback to our PM team for future evaluation, suggestion ID: PHANTOM-17138, hope it will be considered in future. Thanks.
              Last edited by richell_huang; 06-19-2022, 08:20 AM.

Comment

Working...
              X