Pinned documents disappear from list of recent files

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pinned documents disappear from list of recent files

Here is the strange behaviour of Foxit Reader since I started using it years ago.

Enclosed are 5 registry files (do not double-clic on them or you will loose all your recent files ?. Edit them instead if you want to see their contents) :
    1. After having pinned 2 documents I want to keep as favorites "forever". The pinned documents have "[F000000001]" in front of their name in the registry key. All other recent files have "[F000000000]" in front of their name.
    2. After opening 47 other files, my two favorites are now documents 48 & 49.
    3. After opening a 48th file, my two favorites are documents 49 & 50.
    4. After opening a 49th file, my first favorite is gone.
    5. After opening a 50th file, I have no favorite anymore.

What is the use of pinned documents that vanishes as soon as you have opened a few other documents ? Nowadays, everything is a pdf file. Pricelist, invoice, documentation, letters. I open at least 50 different documents every week but there are documents I want to keep at hand. And that seems impossible.

For sure, somebody will tell me this is "by design". For me, either it is a design flaw or it is a bug.

Does anybody know how to solve that problem ? I received no answer from Foxit Software (or maybe they are all asleep).

Thanks for helping.
    Attached Files

Thank you for posting here and sorry for the inconvenience. This is a known issue and we have reported it to my team for future improvement, report id:QCPHANTOM-20079, any update, we will keep you informed, thank you.

Comment

So, a year later, and still no resolution?

Comment

kanderson The issue still being checked and has not update for now. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Comment

I am also finding this rather frustrating. Pinning makes working efficient; the bug dashes expectations and makes it frustrating. It would be better to remove the feature (much to my dismay though) than not to fix it.

Comment

Aliby Sorry for the inconvenience. Your feedback was forwarded to our team for checking, any update will inform you. thanks.

Comment

Any update? I'm currently on Version: 9.7.5.29616.

Comment

@SR The requirement still being evaluated by our team and has not update for now, Sorry for that.

Comment

Working...
                X