Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lisa_lee
    replied
    JRB ,Regarding "Javascripts for increasing/deleting pages don't work in Foxit Reader(report ID#QCPHANTOM-25564)" you referred in this thread,we have gotten response from our QA and Dev team.They mentioned that Foxit Reader currently only offers some free features and it doesn't support to add/remove pages in PDF file according to Foxit Reader's product positioning.
    Because Foxit Reader itself doesn't have the capability of adding/deleting PDF pages, in principle it is also impossible to delete and add pages in Foxit Reader via JS codes in PDF file.
    So this problem would not be solved in reader in the short term. It's recommended that you try to use our Foxit PhantomPDF application which supports to respond to the JS codes included in
    the PDF file you sent to delete and add PDF pages.

Leave a comment:

• JRB
    replied
    Thank you.

Leave a comment:

• Lisa_lee
    replied
    JRB ,Thanks for your response.This issue "Javascripts for increasing/deleting pages don't work in Foxit Reader" you mentioned,I also could replicate it on our part and it has now been submitted to our internal bug tracking system for our QA team to do further analysis with report ID#QCPHANTOM-25564.We will keep you informed for any updates about this issue.

Leave a comment:

• JRB
    replied
    Lisa_lee As Cherry said, I emailed the support about documentation, I still get no answer.

Spawning pages is a very powerfull feature of the PDF format.

See the difference between a "static" page and a "spawned" page in this sample file, when you check the "Contrat A" box a new (red) page is spawned, when you uncheck this box the red page should be removed. And so on for other boxes.
    It works fine with Acrobat Reader DC and Adobe Reader XI, and with Foxit Phantom too.
    But not with Foxit Reader, which generates the page as expected but does not delete it. Which makes the spawn function useless.
    That's why I'm thinking of a bug.

I just send this to the support.
    ;-)
    Attached Files
    Last edited by JRB; 06-23-2020, 05:45 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Lisa_lee
    replied
    JRB ,Our colleague Cherry has already replied your ticket on Jun, 6th ,please see her reply below:
    The JS "deletePages" should not be supported by Foxit Reader. Foxit Reader doesn't support to delete pages. I'm not quite sure about what you meant by "spawned" pages, could you please give us an example of the PDF file?
    So we are now looking forward to getting the file sample,please send the file sample to [email protected] at your convenience. Look forward to your reply.

Leave a comment:

• JRB
    replied
    I'm still waiting an answer from the support…

I tried with the current version of Foxit Reader, it doesn't work.
    On the other hand, spawning pages from a template works well.

That's why I think it's a bug: one does not go without the other, spawning pages on demand is of little use if users cannot delete them on demand.
    Isn't it?

Leave a comment:

• JRB
    replied
    I did it.
    Thank you

Leave a comment:

• cherry
    replied
    Dear JRB,

Is it possible to email to [email protected] with the mentioned "spawned pages" that you'd like to delete so we could further check with our JS engineer?
    Currently there's a draft Javascript documentation and we're still completing it to be released in the public. For now, you may email to [email protected] to ask for the documentation. Thank you.

Leave a comment:

• JRB
    started a topic JavaScript deletePages

JavaScript deletePages

Hi

I like to know if the JavaScript "deletePages" is supported by Foxit Reader to delete the spawned pages (my question is not about regular/static pages).

And more generally I am looking for documentation about the JavaScript functions supported, or not, by Foxit Reader.

Thank you
Working...
X