Save annotations separately

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Feature Save annotations separately

Can I save annotations separately and keep the original PDF file unchanged?

Abel ,Thanks for your post.To save annotations separately,please click on "Comment" tab in Foxit Reader>"Export">"All Comments" to export the annotations into .fdf format file.

Comment

Originally posted by Lisa_lee View Post
      Abel ,Thanks for your post.To save annotations separately,please click on "Comment" tab in Foxit Reader>"Export">"All Comments" to export the annotations into .fdf format file.
      Thank you.
      But this still changes the PDF file. I would like to annotate PDF (without export or import), and at the same time keep the original PDF file exactly the same (at the file system level). That is, the annotations should be saved to a separate file (or database, etc.) automatically.
      Last edited by Abel; 06-02-2020, 01:12 AM.

Comment

Abel Above is only way to save annotations separately, please kindly note that annotations will not change file's system level and just wrote into annotation level. tks

Comment

Originally posted by amanda_liang View Post
          Abel Above is only way to save annotations separately, please kindly note that annotations will not change file's system level and just wrote into annotation level. tks
          Maybe we have some misunderstanding.
          I tried, after adding and saving an annotation, my original PDF file was unchanged (the file system displayed a new "Date Modified" and even the file size was different...).

Comment

Abel When add comments into pdf and save, the annotation level is changed and the "date modified" will updates. However, the text level will not be changed. I'm sorry it is a little confusion. Can you please tell us your detailed user scenario and we can give you better advise, tks

Comment

Working...
            X