Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bug Foxit reader saves twice

Hi, since several days I got a problem:

Each time I want to save a pdf after I added new comments (overwrite the document), the document is getiing saved twice.
    - One time it saved the normal way (just gets overwritten).
    - However, another document is produced. The name of the document starts with "~~$" and the original name is added. The content is exactly the same like in thze normally saved pdf.

First, I thought that this problem occurs because of synchronisation problems with OneDrive. However, I checked if the same issue occurs if I alter a word document and it doesnt. On top of that, the same error occurs in folders that are not being synchronised trough OneDrive.

I realized that foxit reader is using a lot of CPU, even though I have an i7 6600u processor. Maybe these issues are related?

Thanks in advance for your help!

Best,
    Konstantin

Thank you for posting here. To better understand it, could you please help to answer below questions? Thank you.
    1. Which version of Foxit Reader do you use?
    2. Is the file saved in Onedrive and you want to save it back into Onedrive folder?
    3. If possible, you may use the LiceCap tool to generate an animated gif that shows how to reproduce the problem for our referencing.
    Here's the download link:
    http://sync-cn.foxitsoftware.com/iss/Tools/LICEcap.zip
    (Unzip it, double-click on licecap file, you can then specify the recording area then hit "Record", it requires naming the file first then start recording.)

Comment

Hi,
      Thanks for your fast answer!

1. I am using version 10.0.0.35798

2. Yes, this happens with files that are saved in a OneDriveFolder. However, it also happens with files that are not saved in a Onedrive folder. However, when I use another laptop (Foxit version 9.7.0.29455) to open the OneDrive files, everything works fine.

3. The link is not working

Comment

Kowerner

PDF file name with the prefix "~~$" is temp file. We got feedback previously that the anti-virus (E.g. Avast) may prevent the temp file been deleted automatically after successful saving. Could you please help check?
        Regarding the Licecap link, could you please try this one instead?
        http://sync-us.foxitsoftware.com/iss/Tools/LICEcap.zip

Please also let us know what you did to the PDF document before saving it so we could better advise. Thank you.

Comment

Thanks cherry for the answer. I am indeed using Avast. How can I check if the anti-virus is preventing the temp file to be deleted automatically?

2. Thhis links also doesnt work.
          3. I just added some comments to the pdf. Like underlining or writing text.

Comment

Kowerner Thanks for your response. For PDF files which are located on network drive folder(such as dropbox folder,onedrive folder,etc),sometimes that temp file can not got deleted when users saved changes to PDF files there,this is a known issue. That is happening because network drive folder sees the ~~temp file and tries to upload it to their server at the same time that Foxit Reader is trying to remove the temp file. But since the file is in use, Foxit can’t remove the temp file, and it ends up being stuck there until users either manually remove the file, or if users save it again in Foxit Reader, and Foxit is able to remove the file before network drive tries to upload it again.
            The above situation“~~$FILENAME" Temp Files can not be deleted sometimes after having edited and saved PDF file on network drive folder within Foxit Reader" that I mentioned,we have already submitted it to our QA team with report ID#QCPHANTOM-23390.Once there is any fix is available for this issue,I will keep you informed.

For PDF files which are located on your local computer,not PDF files on network drive folder,we have users found that Avast causes the temp files still remained issue.
            So please help to disable the Avast anti-virus software temporarily and then try to make changes and save changes on your local PDF files to see whether the temp files will got deleted automatically or not?

For the licecap tool,you could download it from the link below:
            http://sync-us.foxitsoftware.com/iss/Tools/LICEcap.zip

Comment

Working...
            X