Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Restoring an unsaved file

Hello, so my issue is the next one:
    My foxit crashed and when I reopened it it offered to load to automatically saved file but didnt.
    Ive managed to find it, but its on a .tmp file
    Is there anyway to restore manually? Thanks!

Sorry for the inconvenience. When you reopen the program and it asks you to restore it or not, you can choose Yes to restore it, but if you are not informed with this message, I am afraid it can not be restored manually.
    This function needs to be improved, and hope it will be stable in future.

Comment

even i have managed to save the tmp file?
      thanks anyway!

Comment

hasz789 ,Currently,we are unable to reload the unsaved PDF data which are stored in temp file into PDF file manually.The only way for us to reload the unsaved date into PDF file is as follows:
        When we reopen Foxit PhantomPDF/Reader after it was closed/crashed abnormally ,a prompt will pop up as shown in the following sreenshot:
        Click image for larger version  Name:	recover message.jpg Views:	0 Size:	42.7 KB ID:	178177
        We have to hit "yes" button to load all of changes saved in the temp file into original PDF file to recover it,that is the only chance to recover the data that we haven't saved.

In addition,I have also submitted the suggestion "Provide more chances for recovering unsaved data to PDF file" to our product management team's reference with suggestion ID#PHANTOM-14676.
        Last edited by Lisa_lee; 06-10-2020, 04:51 PM.

Comment

Working...
        X