Foxit Reader freezing while selecting "text comment" and "typewriter" tools

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Foxit Reader freezing while selecting "text comment" and "typewriter" tools

I use a lot of those comment tools on foxit, like highlight, typewriter, and so on. My Foxit Reader version is 10.0.0.35798

After installing some windows 10 updates (KB4565627 and KB4552925 - this last one was .NET Framework 3.5 and 4.8), I can still use the highlight tool, but when i select "text comment" and "typewriter", the program freezes and appears a windows option to select waiting or closing the program. If i choose wait, it´ll never end. The only solution is ending the program on a force way.

Does anybody has a solution? Is it linked to those windows updates?

Best regards.

ivan.pinna Sorry for the inconvenience. Could you please kindly perform a fresh re-installation as following and try again?
    1) Please make sure you've closed all Foxit reader related programs (IE, Firefox...) then go to "Control Panel"->"Add/Remove Programs" to uninstall Foxit reader;
    Go to "Start"->"Run"-> input regedit -> find "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Foxit Software\ Foxit reader 10.0" and "HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Foxit Software\ Foxit reader 10.0" to delete the whole folder of Foxit reader 10.0;
    2) Install the latest version 10.0 of Foxit reader. Please download the installer from the link below:
    http://cdn09.foxitsoftware.com/produ...etup_Clean.exe
    Finally, please give the new installation a try and let us know the result. Thanks

Comment

I did a clean uninstall, deleting almost everything on windows registry, including the value you suggested. Also, i deleted any files on windows explorer, on program files, users, etc. After restarting my computer, i downloaded the foxit again, as you suggested, but i made the portuguese version installation, because it is my native language. When i first selected those tools, it still froze a while, but in the end worked. When working for the first time on the program, after this laggy period, selecting those tools again doesn´t seem a problem, cause there no more laggy situation. But, after closing the program and starting again still freezes a while when selecting those tools for the first time again (typewriter or text comment).

I made a video to explain better: https://youtu.be/ILXEpNpJjEw

Comment

ivan.pinna ,We apologize for the trouble.We have already submitted the issue "Foxit Reader freezing while selecting "text comment" and "typewriter" tools after installing some windows 10 updates (KB4565627 and KB4552925 - this last one was .NET Framework 3.5 and 4.8)" to our internal bug tracking system for our QA team to do further analysis with report ID#QCPHANTOM-25706. Any updates about this issue,we will keep you informed.

Comment

Working...
        X