file purged

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• file purged

Here is a post sent 4 years ago. Exactly the same thing has just happened to me. I wonder if anyone has found a solution how to recover the lost pdf file. I would appreciate some help.

crash It didn't save, then it got purged

07-12-2016, 03:41 PM

I was editing a pdf text book as I usually do and suddenly when I tried to save the changes Foxit Reader wouldn't respond. It kept saying that the file couldn't be saved.
    I tried saving to a different location, with a different name, to a USB stick, I also tried saving as a new file by asking it to print to a pdf, and nothing worked.
    Eventually I thought I would close it and just lose the latest modifications, but what happened was the file disappeared.

The rest of the computer didn't crash, no other program gave me errors, just Foxit.
    The file was purged completely, I tried searching for it with the terminal from another partition, I tried Recuva, I tried PC Inspector File Recovery, I searched for all pdfs modified on that date, searched the Trashed files, looked through all temporary files, and I even recovered a bunch of chk files but my pdf was nowhere to be found. Only the Direkt Acess link remained, and when I click on it I receive a message saying the file is no longer in that location.

If anybody can tell me what happened or how to recover my file I would very much appreciate it.

SzI ,We apologize for the trouble. Normally,Foxit would never delete user's PDF file automatically in any case.Firstly,please help to open the recycle bin to see if it is located there and also try to search the PDF file in question in your windows explorer.
    If you still can find it nowhere,we also would like to suggest you set the system back to that point when you had the file to see if it helps if you have set system restore point in your system?

In addition,we also would like to know that do you use our Foxit Reader or Foxit PhantomPDF? And please click on "Help" tab in Foxit Software>"About Foxit Software" to check its version number.
    Is it a local PDF file or a file on mapped network drive? Did this issue also happen to other PDF file? Please help to describe the whole procedures that you have done before the PDF file got lost?

Look forward to your reply.
    Last edited by Lisa_lee; 07-27-2020, 03:59 PM.

Comment

Working...
    X