Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Not able to enable Editing on a PDF/A because of disabled "Notification Messages"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Not able to enable Editing on a PDF/A because of disabled "Notification Messages"

Hello,

we use foxit reader for our company in Version 10.0.0 and 10.0.1. For the installation we use the enterprise package for a silence installation on over 300 clients. This works fine.

But since, i don't know, some users are not able to enable editing on a PDF/A to insert an image to that. Not all installations have these problems. If one system have this issue currently we uninstall the Foxit Reader and reinstall the default installation from the website (10.0.1) and not the enterprise setup.

After this installation the option " Preferences - General - Notification Messages - Show PDF/A message again" is able to toggle. We also try to manipulate the registry but foxit is resetting this entry by navigate to the preferences/general.

I will be very happy about any hint or possible solutions. Thanks

Update: I have found a solution for us. It was successfull to use the Foxit Customization Wizard to set the needed setting. After the installation the value can not be toggle but it is enabled and now i can add the image/Sign to a PDF/A after enable Editing in the popup that was missing before.

But i am interested in the reason of the not toggleable options. Thanks

Comment

Do you mean you have installed with the package 10.0.1 that downloaded from our website by default, but the option - Show PDF/A message again is unchecked?

Comment

in the past we only use the enterprise msi setup.
        Situation:
        • installed version 10.0.0 (enterprise package)
          • all check boxes in "Notification Messages" are disabled and not editable
        • Update or Uninstall/Install effects the same
          • if i use the enterprise package the check boxes stays uneditable
          • if i use the non enterprise exe setup file i can change the check boxes
        • Solution for us now
          • i created a mst file with the customize wizard with enable the option "Show PDF/A message again" and installing it by using the enterprise msi setup file
          • the option is enable but it is not able to toggle the option

Sorry for my English, it is a little bit difficult to explain the issue i a not daily used language.

Comment

RicoAeckerle The issue has been fixed in version 10.1 of Foxit reader enterprise. It will be released in near future. Can you please keep eye on Foxit site? thanks.

Comment

Thank you very much.

@manda_liang
            one more Question i have. I have read a article in the past that the command/sign/Writer function will now longer available in Foxit reader. Can you give me some more Information about this? Because i can't find this article anymore.

Comment

RicoAeckerle ,Did you read the aritcle on Foxit knowledge site or Foxit Blog? What do you mean by "command/sign/Writer function"? Please help to describe your query in more details,so that we could know the feautre you need better and further advise. Look forward to your reply.

Comment

i mean the functions to insert a image, insert some text or commands. Will these function stay in foxit reader?

Click image for larger version

Name:	2020-08-29 21_17_33-Teilnahmebestätigung_Rico-Aeckerle_Allgemeine-Fahrerunterweisung-Pkw_28-08-2020..png
Views:	43
Size:	26.3 KB
ID:	179495

Comment

Originally posted by RicoAeckerle View Post
                  i mean the functions to insert a image, insert some text or commands. Will these function stay in foxit reader?

Click image for larger version

Name:	2020-08-29 21_17_33-Teilnahmebestätigung_Rico-Aeckerle_Allgemeine-Fahrerunterweisung-Pkw_28-08-2020..png
Views:	43
Size:	26.3 KB
ID:	179495
                  RicoAeckerle ,Thanks for your response. The functions you menitoned are all available in Foxit Reader. In the latest major upgrade version 10 of Foxit Reader,we only removed the Foxit PDF creator component.You may refer to this thread for more details.

Comment

Thank you for your great support.

The topic can be mark as solved. All fine.

Thanks

👍

Comment

Working...
                    X