Costume link on a PDF file

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Costume link on a PDF file

Hi, I have an academic article which has in-text citations which, in turn, appear as note numbers. These note numbers are associated with full citations that appear as endnotes which contain information about the references (just like citations in Wikipedia).
    I want to create a link for each note number so when clicked the view goes to corresponding reference information of that note number at the end of the article and select its text or highlight it temporarily so the highlight disappears when scrolling (the same the Wikipedia do when clicking of the note number of a specific citation).
    So please, anyone can help me do this with Foxit PDF reader?

AliZ.

You may try the feature Link under Home menu in Foxit Reader to see if it helps.

Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by lyndi_wu View Post

You may try the feature Link under Home menu in Foxit Reader to see if it helps.
      Yes, sir, this is what I am talking about, but I haven't found the feature of selecting the text.
      I found something that maybe is helpful:
      when I choose "Others (View Action Properties dialog box)" and hit next, I can add an action that runs a JavaScript (see the attached image).
      Can this help me to make Foxit Reader selects a text when the link is clicked? And what code should I write for this task? can you provide me with a sample code, please?
      "Run a JavaScript" option

Comment

AliZ. Thanks for your reply.I am sorry that I am still not clear about your request.You mentioned that the same the Wikipedia do when clicking of the note number of the specific citation.Would you please help to send us the URL of the Wikipedia page where we could click on the note number you mentioned,so that we will take a closer look at the corresponding page on our part to know your query. If possible, you may use the licecap tool to generate an animated gif that shows your whole process on Wikipedia page :
        http://sync-us.foxitsoftware.com/iss/Tools/LICEcap.zip
        (Unzip it, then double-click on licecap file, you can then specify the recording area then hit "Record", it requires naming the file first then start recording.)
        Look forward to your reply.

Comment

‚ÄčLisa_lee. Sorry for the late reply.
          Originally posted by Lisa_lee View Post
          Would you please help to send us the URL of the Wikipedia page where we could click on the note number you mentioned.
          Basically, every page on Wikipedia that has references can do so, this page is an example: Spectral_color_on_Wikipedia.

Also, here is the LICEcap-generated GIF to show that process clearly. You can see in this GIF that when I clicked on the note number [1] it goes to the corresponding reference details and highlights it. And also, the highlight is temporal (it removes the highlight of the previous text when you click on another note number):

Click image for larger version

Name:	highliting the reference2.gif
Views:	16
Size:	2.37 MB
ID:	179988

And thank you..

Comment

Working...
          X