Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Linux: How to get automatically updates for Foxit Reader (free version)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Linux: How to get automatically updates for Foxit Reader (free version)

Hello,

I am a normal Linux user. My request refers to the free version of "Foxit Reader" for Linux.
    Is there an easy way to integrate "Foxit Reader" into my Linux package manager system (MX Linux 19.3 (Debian))?
    I mean, does "Foxit Reader" support something like "Enpass" does for Debian? (see here https://www.enpass.io/support/kb/gen...pass-on-linux/)

I mean the line: Quote: "To install Enpass, add a new repository to /etc/apt/sources.list"
    Can I make something similar for "Foxit Reader", so that I do not have to install it always manually, when a new version is out. (?)

Thank you.

Nimage ,Thanks for contacting Foxit Support. The existing Foxit Reader for Linux has already been discontinued,so our Dev team have stopped implementing any new version for it.

Comment

Thank you.

I have installed it in
      /home/user/opt/foxitsoftware/foxitreader/

with this file: "FoxitReader.enu.setup.2.4.4.0911(r057d814).x64.ru n"

Yes, you are right, its a very old version (2009). So I will delete it.
      Is it enough just to delete the folder /home/user/opt/foxitsoftware/foxitreader/ ?

Or do I have to delete something else to remove it completely?

Thank you.
      Last edited by Nimage; 11-20-2020, 02:21 PM.

Comment

Nimage ,Thanks for your response.Normally,you just need to double-click the Uninstaller file in the Foxit Reader installation directory to delete it,that is enough. We suggest you try out our Foxit Reader for windows which is a free application with more powerful features. It could be downloaded from our official download center below:
        https://www.foxitsoftware.com/downloads/

Any further questions or concerns,please contact us any time.

Comment

Working...
        X