Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Version 10.0.1.35811 weird behaviour, prints garbage.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Version 10.0.1.35811 weird behaviour, prints garbage.

Tonight I had occasion to print a PDF document. The "current" version 10.0.1.35811 failed dramatically, printing lots of garbage and weird symbols. I resorted to an old Win98SE machine with Foxit Reader 2.2 build 2129 and completed the sixty-odd pages of printout (text and graphics) without a problem - using the same network printer. So the problem wasn't attributable to printer capability. Not the first time the later/latest versions have printed what looked like random symbols or Korean characters in lieu of "normal" text.

Any clues what has been happening?

Pedro Sorry for the inconvenience. Can you please provide detailed info to us for checking? such as original PDF, printed file and network printer info. We would like to check detailed and make tests.
    (If there is any confidential info, please send them to us by email: [email protected] )

Comment

One of the files is at

https://manualscollection.com/?D=EOC644S&By=Chef___55

Printer model (HP) is irrelevant as the Win98/FR2.2 combination printed it correctly on that same printer. Clearly a result of 10.0.1.35811 treatment of the PDF file.

Comment

Pedro Thanks for your updates. Firstly, may I know what's OS of your PC? Win98SE? if yes, it is not supported by Foxit. And Foxit reader 2.2 is early product which had been out of maintenance for now.
        For printing issue, I have made test for the user manual of ManualsCollection.com by your link, and issue cannot reproduced. Can you please provide printed file and network printer info for checking? we would like to make test on the same print driver and see result. Hope you can help, thanks.

Comment

Please re-read my original post. The Win98SE box (and FR2.2) was the ALTERNATIVE I used to get a sane printout.

How can I provide the "printed file"? It is a hardcopy printout that is garbage, the screen display of the file is "normal". Best I could do is print ONE page and scan that and send it.

Printer is HP P1505N.

Comment

Pedro Thanks for your explaination. Can you please provide below info for reference? then I can report the issue to QA team for checking, thanks.
            1. What's OS of your PC? WIN 10?
            2. Please open Properties of HP Printer and provide detailed info.
            3. Please take picture or scan the printed file to us for reference.

Comment

Please provide an email address to which I can send the required info/scan.

Comment

Pedro Please click here to submit a ticket with those information provided.

Comment

Done. Not sure why I need to create an account just to report your problem.

Comment

Pedro
                    Please provide your email account information, we will take a look into your issue and back to you soon.

Comment

Ticket 64566. I'm not posting email account info on any forum.

Comment

Thank you for the ticket. Roy is taking care of it. Please keep in touch with Roy by email, thank you.

Comment

Working...
                        X