Print to PDF?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Print to PDF?

I'm using Foxit and also an online tool that our office uses called Dotloop which allows me to upload pdf files for sharing, signatures, etc. When I add text to a pdf in Foxit and then upload it to Dotloop, the text does not show up unless I first "print" the document using microsoft's Print To PDF option in my printer list. Dotloop tech help said I needed to do that to "flatten" the document. Not sure what that means but is there a way to do that from Foxit directly? In other words, can I simply save a pdf in the same format that MS Print To PDF saves it?

Hope that's clear and thanks for answers. I'm learning Foxit to see how well it will work for me.

Which version of Foxit Reader do you use? If you are using version 9.7.2 and lower versions, you can print it with Foxit Reader PDF printer to save it as new pdf file before uploading it to Dotloop, then it will help.

Comment

Thanks, I'm using Version: 9.7.1.29511
      Is there not a way to simply have it save in the same format that the printer would create? I guess I'm asking if it can be saved in a universally recognized format. One thing I don't like it is "printing" as a pdf and then needing to remember to change the printer choice next time I try to use the printer to simply print something.

Comment

Seen from your description, the comments you added can not be seen with Dotloop, so I advised you to re-print with Foxit printer to 'flatten' it so the texts you added can not read well.
        If you have Foxit PhantomPDF, you can just try flatten feature directly without reprinting it.

Comment

Ok, so there's no way to save and "flatten" a document in one step in the version of Foxit that I have but I could do that if I bought Foxit Phantom. I'm still figuring out Foxit and if it will work for me so I'll decide if Phantom is a better answer as well.
          Thanks for your help!

Comment

CharlestonJohn
            CharlestonJohn

You can find the Flatten feature under Organize menu in Foxit PhantomPDF Standard or Business.
            If it is your first time installing it, you will get a free 14-day trial.
            lyndi_wu
            Super Moderator
            Last edited by lyndi_wu; 12-16-2020, 02:42 PM.

Comment

In Foxit Reader if you have signatures in the document the "Apply All Signatures" button will flatten the entire document. Otherwise, as a workaround I have a dummy signature (made using a single underscore) that I place in a corner somewhere and make it very very small, and then "Apply All Signatures". A bit kludgy but it works for me.

It would be so much easier if the flatten feature was exposed in Reader.

Comment

Originally posted by Stritch000 View Post
                In Foxit Reader if you have signatures in the document the "Apply All Signatures" button will flatten the entire document. Otherwise, as a workaround I have a dummy signature (made using a single underscore) that I place in a corner somewhere and make it very very small, and then "Apply All Signatures". A bit kludgy but it works for me.

It would be so much easier if the flatten feature was exposed in Reader.
                Thanks for the tip. I will escalate your comment to our product manager for consideration.

Comment

Working...
                X