Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• all opened pdfs back to page 2 after update

version 10.1.1.37576, windows 10
    title. how do i stop this from happening? if i cant, bug report.

untakenusername Sorry for the inconvenience. Could you please describe much detailed of the issue? How and When did the issue occurred? Is it mean that every PDF file will open at page 2? Can you please send any sample files or screenshot pictures for reference? thanks in advance.

Comment

opened pdf reader, all pdfs i had opened and in their respective tab order and pages opened alongside. update prompt popped up, chose to accept. said i couldnt update with pdf reader open, told to close. i closed. clicked retry. update finished, all pdf files i had open in various different pages went back to page 2, all of them.

i dont have any screenshots of what happened, simply closed and am now testing another pdf reader. should i simply reopen all closed pdf files in page 2 and take a screenshot?

Comment

untakenusername ,Thanks for your response. Please help to go to "Start"->"Run"-> input regedit -> find "HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Foxit Software\Foxit Reader 10.0" ,please right click on the "Foxit Reader 10.0" folder and choose "delete" option in the pop-up context menu to delete the whole folder of Foxit Reader 10.0.
        Finally,please try to open PDF files again. If the issue still persists,please help to use the licecap tool to generate an animated gif that shows your whole process:
        http://sync-us.foxitsoftware.com/iss/Tools/LICEcap.zip
        (Unzip it, then double-click on licecap file, you can then specify the recording area then hit "Record", it requires naming the file first then start recording.)
        Look forward to your reply.

Comment

so the only noticeable thing ive seen with this update so far is this ad on the top right corner that keeps flashing different colors taking my concentration away

Click image for larger version

Name:	ad.png
Views:	59
Size:	999 Bytes
ID:	180963

yes or no question: is it possible to take this away without a paywall?
          if so how, please?

Comment

untakenusername
            Please install clean version from following below:
            http://cdn01.foxitsoftware.com/product/reader/desktop/win/10.1.1/FoxitReader1011_enu_Setup_Clean.exe

Comment

that link links to nowhere here, a page opens but instantly closes and nothing happens

Comment

Please copy the link address and paste it into browser address bar to try again, thank you.

Comment

is this version available in the main download page? cant find it there

Comment

You can download the latest version of Foxit Reader from our website at https://www.foxitsoftware.com/pdf-reader/

Comment

no, i mean, the one at the download page has a "prom" ending while this one is labeled "clean", which i suppose is refering to these ads

Comment

untakenusername Foxit website provides the promotion package of Foxit reader. If need, please click above link to download the clean one. Also you can contact us about the installer link at any time. tks.

Comment

Working...
                        X