Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How to auto-expand result search list and drag all found files to new directory?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to auto-expand result search list and drag all found files to new directory?

Assume I search for a pattern in all *.pdf files in a certain directory (tree).

The result list in the left pane shows all found ocurrencies. but in order to see the matching line inside I have to expand all the file entries one by one.

How can I tell Foxit Reader to automatically show the files result list as expanded tree?

Furthermore I want occasionally to drag & drop all the found files to a new folder.

How can I achieve this?

I can neither mark a single file nor alltogether all files.
    So I cannot drag & drop even a single marked file.

Is there a workaround?

pstein ,Thanks for choosing Foxit as your PDF solution. I am sorry,there is still no option for settings Foxit Reader to able to auto-expand result search list yet.
    According to your request,I have submitted the suggestion "Support to auto-expand result search list in Foxit Reader" as a new feature request to our product management team's further consideration with suggesiton ID#PHANTOM-15066.

There is also no quick way for moving all of the found files to a new folder. You have to manually to open the folder which contains those files to copy the found file one by one into the destination folder.
    But,you could navigate to a single found file in windows explorer quickly by doing the following:
    1:Double click one of search lists in the advanced search panel to open the PDF file in Foxit PhantomPDF.
    2: Right click on the tab bar of the opened PDF file,choose "open containing Folder" option in the pop-up context menu which will automatically open the folder where this file is and you also could find that the current PDF file is also selected in the folder. Then you just need to press “Ctrl+C” to copy it and then paste it into anther folder that you desired.
    In addition,I have also submitted the suggestion "Support drag & drop all the found files to a new folder in a quick way in Foxit PhantomPDF directly" to our product mangement team with suggestion ID#PHANTOM-15229.

Any further questions or concerns,please contact us any time.

Comment

Working...
    X